Looking for any attachments for a Woods 5215 Mow'n Mach

Hi,

I recently bought a nice Woods 5215 Mow'n Machine cheap. It has a nice 20hp Diesel engine.

The only problem is the the D6118-2 61 inch mowing deck is junk.
I've replaced the bearings & pulley on one spindle; the gearbox has broken ears where it's bolted to the frame; I made some brackets that I hope will hold it down. There are weld patches and holes all over the bottom of the deck

The big problem is someone once upon a time replaced the center spindle with something for an entirely different mower, They like cut out the center of the deck and welded in a patch including the central spindle. If that wasn't bad enough they welded over the mounting nuts & bolts.

I think I can still get it working, but it sure would be nice to find a different deck. Failing that, any parts, like spindles, pulleys, tension springs, etc.

Maybe this isn't an antique 'classic' tractor, but Woods and their dealers don't have any parts so I'm scrounging for anything, so it's pretty old!

Those were made by Grasshopper for Woods. Yours would be a Grasshopper 9061 searching for Grasshopper parts should get you more search results for parts you need.

(quoted from post at 16:13:03 08/18/23) Those were made by Grasshopper for Woods. Yours would be a Grasshopper 9061 searching for Grasshopper parts should get you more search results for parts you need.

Thanks! That s what I need to know!

What about Scag mowers?

(quoted from post at 06:23:14 08/19/23) Parts list at Messicks
Woods 5215

Yes, unfortunately Messicks (and others) have the parts diagrams and lists, but they don't have any of the parts I've mentioned, nor can they get them.

And actually the parts that I need is for the Woods D6118-2 mower deck, which seems to be seperate from the tractor.

This post was edited by shalomorchard on 08/19/2023 at 07:07 am.

SHALOMORCHARD - What about a SCAG? MY SON was Quality Manager at the SCAG manufacturing plant until a couple
months ago, He made good money there but his new offer was too good to pass up. Lots and lots of engineering
put into every part of a SCAG, and the decks are designed to manage air flow into and out of the mower deck.
Probably be a lot of work hanging a SCAG deck under your mower. A complete Scag mower is your best bet. Lots
of lawn service companies around our area. Most have 2 BIG Scag mowers on every trailer and a few weed-eaters
for trimming.
I'd own a Scag except I bought a top of the line Commercial grade Cub Cadet LZ-54 zero turn 10 years ago
and after 325 running hours all I've replaced is 1 set of blades, 9 engine oil & filter changes in the 27 hp
Kawasaki engine, and a replacement primary air filter every 3 years, so 3 filters, My dealer says next year I
can replace the inner secondary filter. I've got a replacement belt for everything on the mower. Yes, there's
a huge difference between a commercial mower and a Home Owner model. I had a 20 HP Cub Cadet 982 garden
tractor, the 20 hp Onan engine scared me, it was eating points & condensors every 30-40 running hours. Tractor
was great! But my zero turn cut my mowing time from 3-1/2 hours to about 2, maybe a bit less if I hurry. If I
prune some tree limbs I think I can get down around 1-1/2 hours.

"What about SCAG?"

I doubt if anything from a SCAG will fit your machine without major modification.

If you're asking about the brand in general, they're perfectly good mowers as long as they weren't used abused and put away wet like your Woods seems to have been.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back