Looking for cap for open port to left of injectors

Can anyone tell me where to get the hexhead cap that is missing here? My husband was working on our Ford 1910 before he became ill and I am trying to get help to get the tractor back into service.
Maybe someone knows what size it is?
Open port to left of injectors.jpg

If that threaded hole is about 5/8 inch diameter, I'd stop at a hardware store and buy a cheap 3/8 NPT plug and try it gently into the hole. If it easily fits good for more than 2-3 full turns, you have the right plug. If it doesn't fit, but is close, take it back to the store and get a metric pipe plug that will. If the threaded hole is closer to 1/2 inch, buy a 1/4 NPT plug to start with. steve

If that threaded hole is about 5/8 inch diameter, I'd stop at a hardware store and buy a cheap 3/8 NPT plug and try it gently into the hole. If it easily fits good for more than 2-3 full turns, you have the right plug. If it doesn't fit, but is close, take it back to the store and get a metric pipe plug that will. If the threaded hole is closer to 1/2 inch, buy a 1/4 NPT plug to start with. steve
That's not pipe thread, the copper washer makes it straight thread.

That's not pipe thread, the copper washer makes it straight thread.
Sorry, I missed the washer. So a metric bolt of the right thread pitch should work, since the washer is still there, as long as it is threaded its entire length, so it doesn't hang up before it tightens down on the washer..

Hello Louisa welcome to YT!
$11.25 from a CNHI dealer.
CNHI Ford 1910 parts catalog No. 34
Plug PN SBA131296235
Sorry to inform you of this. I hope that was not setting outside where rain could get in there. If so there is a possibility your injection pump is done for. Hope your husband has gotten better, if the situation has taken another turn my prayers go out to you!
Thank you so much. We tried various NPT pipe threads but nothing was fitting. I will order this plug. The tractor has been covered and I don't think any water could have gotten in there. We just replaced the heavy duty tarp when we had a bad wind storm, so I hope that the pump will be okay. I love that old tractor and it has been a workhorse around our farm and in my husband's building construction business.

Thank you so much. We tried various NPT pipe threads but nothing was fitting. I will order this plug. The tractor has been covered and I don't think any water could have gotten in there. We just replaced the heavy duty tarp when we had a bad wind storm, so I hope that the pump will be okay. I love that old tractor and it has been a workhorse around our farm and in my husband's building construction business.
I do have a concern that an open port like that could have gotten debris into the pump. Check it out and clean it as well as you can before you put a plug back in. It doesn't take much of a speck of dirt to plug an injector.

That's the pump oil fill port for the cam/tappets/governor parts. There's no chance of getting dirt into the pump plungers/injector system at that opening.
I do have a concern that an open port like that could have gotten debris into the pump. Check it out and clean it as well as you can before you put a plug back in. It doesn't take much of a speck of dirt to plug an inje

That's the pump oil fill port for the cam/tappets/governor parts. There's no chance of getting dirt into the pump plungers/injector system at that opening.
I would still drain the oil from the pump and fill with fresh oil just to be safe. That oil lubricates some of the the moving parts inside the pump. A few ounces of fresh oil is a lot less expensive than rebuilding or replacing the pump.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back