Lost a GREAT LADY last night!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD Seller

One of the Greatest Ladies you would ever know passed yesterday. Mrs. Erma , that is how she liked to be addressed, turned 99 Friday. She bought her first NEW vehicle last Monday. Ford F150 pickup. LOL Bright red. She lived on her farm and took complete care of herself. Her family had a celebration yesterday at the Local Pizza Ranch. She drove herself to and from the event. We talked for a good while yesterday too. She had a great time. Her daughters spent the evening with her and stayed at the family farm to go to church with her this morning. Mrs. Erma went to bed and passed in her sleep. This was in the house and room she was born in. She also never lived anywhere else. While I am sad that she is gone I KNOW she went like she would have wanted too.

Her Mother and Father was over forty when she was born. She was 9 years younger than her closest sister. Her Mother passed when she was 18. Mrs. Erma stayed at home and took care of her Father. They had a small house on the farm for a tenant farmer's family to live in. She married one of the tenant's sons. She was married in 1949. Her and her husband farmed the farm until he was injured badly by a bull in 1960. They decided to rent the farm out as her in-laws still lived in the tenant house. My Great Uncle Elmer rented the farm. He farmed it until the he retired in late 1979. I started farming it in 1980. My sons currently farm the farm.

She was the last/youngest of three sisters. She had four daughters. They have nine daughters. No males in those three generations. The Grand daughters have several sons and many daughters too. She always teased about them "slipping up" and having boys. LOL

She and her daughters put the farm into a trust in 1990. The rental income pays the taxes and upkeep. The balance went to her then and now will be split between the daughters. I believe on of the Grand Daughters will move to the farm. They had talked about it just yesterday.

I just have to say it again. GREAT LADY!!!!!!! I knew her my entire life. Her one daughter was a classmate of mine.

Mrs. Erma was a very conservative German lady. I have to tell a funny on her. About 3 years ago she called me to come over as her well quit. It was blistering cold. She thought that the light in the well pit had burnt out. She told me she had just replaced it the month before but it must have went bad. The well pit lid was covered with snow/ice. She needed me to dig it out/open. So I get it open and there is a light on. She was right there supervising. I looked at it real close and just started laughing. She had bought an LED light bulb because she had read about how they used less electricity. She did not think about how the bulb would not give off much heat. She laughed at herself. She made a statement that became a joke between us after that. " Well being tight bite me in the butt once again". LOL I would stop by and visit with her just about every week or so. She was a smart person that was knowledgeable of things from around the world. Her and my wife joked about how she was my "OTHER" woman. LOL The last Saturday of each month she eat supper with us and my kids. She loved seeing them all.

She is with her husband now. They where married for over fifty years. They joked and teased each other all the time. "She would tell him he was getting too big for his breeches. He would retort that was impossible as SHE never let him wear them." LOL GOOD PEOPLE!!!!

Well goodbye ERMA. I will miss our visits.

That's a nice story, especially the part about the LED bulb! We have a lady friend in Phoenix that turned 100 last Dec. When I email her and she doesn't answer right away I worry, but then she replies and says she was just too busy!

I am glad you shared that story. These internet stories are better than tombstones because they tell the world that this person was quote: special, and that will last a long, long time. Leo

She sounds like she was a great woman. Wish I had had a chance to, like you, get to know her. If we could all do as well.

May the peace that passes understanding be with her. Thanks for letting un enjoy a tiny bit of the joy she shared. Jim

You have a very nice (maybe unique) way of writing articles that have great meaning not only to you but also to all who read them. It's like we are right there being part of "the moment". Thanks for sharing.

Sir, Thank you so much for posting your families love and caring for this
remarkable Lady. Each day she will be missed but the lovely memories will continue for ever.
We all have had special people which helped us along life's way.
It is a great blessing she was in yours.
My thoughts and prayers.
Best to all, jac

mvphoto32670.jpg

Sounds like a great lady who will be missed.
We have just returned from a aunts 90th bday gathering, she has never driven, most times when she needed to go to the store she'd call her younger sister, my mom who is 88.

Thanks JD for that Great story about a wonderful Lady.I thought I was reading about some of my people at first.

Great story of a great lady. Sounds like the Matriarch of our family, my grandmother that lived to a few months short of 100. One of her best quotes about farming here in the mountains,"The more rocks I pick the dumber I get, the dumber I get the more rocks I pick". She wasn't dumb at all, quite successful actually.

Rest in peace Mrs. Erma... and peace and comfort to her family and friends.

Great story, JD Seller. I'm tellin ya, Dude... you've got to publish a book of short stories (I'd definitely buy a copy- so let me know if you ever do it).

Wonderful story. What a good sending off party celebrating her life while she was there to enjoy it. I'll bet only one in a million have the opportunity to experience an event like that. May Mrs Erma rest in peace with her husband. My step mother was a conservative old German. She was still active at 94 and rode in the town parade representing the nursing home, waving to people and having a good time. That night she too went to bed and didn't wake up. It's the way all of us would want to go.

Those older people just have so much wisdom. And sounds like you have the ability to measure how much joking she would enjoy.
Rest in peace dear lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back