Lost For Words; Pic.

I seen this JD 318 as I was driving thru an auction yard today looking at machinery and wasn’t sure if I was just seeing things. The closer I got to it I thought you got to be kidding. I had to take this picture of it as they say (picture worth a thousand words) Anyways you just don’t see this every day. It’s up for auction this next week. Was told it doesn’t run. Mike
JD 318
 
The manure pit is the best answer but I don't understand the red mower deck unless it don't belong with it. Hey, where is this sale? I like the little Case IH compact diesel in the background.CT
 
I thought it a had burned when I first saw the pic. Wow. You gotta be seriously abusive or negligent to make a piece of equipment look like that.
 

Set up as an alley scraper tractor, likely all it ever did day after day and never was cleaned off.
 
So..... it spent it's life in a free stall barn scraping alleys. Why would you clean it off?
I'm sure they more than got their money out of it. It probably ran twice a day for the last 15 years like that. It's a dirty job.

Rod
 
Just a good lesson in buying used equipment.....don't buy it sight unseen nor untested, and if you are real lucky, find all you can about the habits of the previous owner..... And even then cross your fingers and hope for the best.

Mark
 
Have seen lots of N Fords and the like, in similar condition in dairy country. Its kind of a toss-up whether you should clean it up for sale, or not- Looks bad either way. It'll bring a few dollars for parts or scrap, but main thing is, you're rid of it. Why not clean it up after every use? Because if you're a dairy farmer, there aren't enough hours in the day to do the stuff you have to do. "Scraper tractor" is a category where the machine just gets "used up".
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top