Love this plow

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
Last winter I bought a JD 2800 4 bottom plow. First used it today. Plowing wheat stubble with plow down clover. This is a fantastic plow. Pulls nice, covers nice. I bought it for the auto reset but the vari-width is a nice feature.
 
It's that one of those Kverneland- plows? I heard john deere was selling them painted green. I know if it is they use them to win plowing matches in canada and europe. One of the few moldbord plows still made. I remember using a white 5 bottom that handled trash pretty good.
 
I think the bottoms are Kverneland.... I don't know the Deere model numbers, but I do know that some of their plows used the red bottoms.
Kverneland is a very very good plow. I wouldn't have anything else given the selection I can get around here.

Rod
 
I thought that 2800 number looked familiar,just
looked it up on JD parts. I used one of those back
in the last half of the 1990s its a great plow.
Seven bottoms, wide open covering 6 rows of corn at
a time. Works great for finishing a field, if you
see one end is narrower than the other, just keep
adjusting the width till its the same width on both
ends. I did have trouble with it plugging once in
a while on corn stalks. AND, that 7 bottoms was a
lot of weight for that tail wheel assembly I learned
never back it up in the field. It should handle 4
bottoms tho. Now I am down to a 3 bottom
Kverneland Plow, and they are not alike.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top