Lowell Shimon Passed Away

Anonymous-0

Lowell Shimon
March 19, 1934 - January 8, 2012
Lowell Shimon, age 77, passed away on January 8, 2012, at Pocahontas.

Lowell Cletus Shimon was born on March, 19, 1934, near Pocahontas. He was the son of Louis and Mayme (Malecek) Shimon. Lowell was educated in area schools, graduating from Rolfe High School in 1952. Lowell has farmed and raised beef cattle in the Pocahontas area his entire life. On September 10, 1960, he married Adele Haag at Whittemore. The couple has made their home near Pocahontas since then.

Lowell was a member of the Resurrection Catholic Church, the Catholic Order of Forresters and various cattlemen's associations.

Lowell enjoyed antique tractor pulls and play8iing poker. But he basically loved being a farmer and cattleman.

Survivors include his wife: Adele of Pocahontas; daughters: Cathy of St. Louis, MO and Susan of Pocahontas; sons: Steve of Rolfe, Louis of Lytton and Ben of Storm Lake; daughter-in-law: Amy Shimon of Sikeston, MO; grandchildren: Katie and Clay and brother Dennis (Lois) Shimon of Phoenix, AZ.

Lowell was preceded in death by his parents and his son Philip.

Facts
Born: March 19, 1934
Death: January 8, 2012

Guestbook
Share your thoughts and memories in the guestbook.

Sign the guestbook Read the guestbook

Services
Funeral
Wednesday January 11, 2012, 10:30 AM at Resurrection Catholic Church, Pocahontas, Iowa
Click for Map and Directions

Visitation
Tuesday January 10, 2012, 4 - 7 PM at Powers Funeral Home, Pocahontas, Iowa
Click for Map and Directions

That's sad news. My prayers to Lowell's family.
He was always good for a laugh. He'd always ask "How are the F'n cheaters doing today?" Everybody that pulled in a stock class was a cheater!
Lowell and the Barnyard B#@ch will be missed.

I didn't know Lowell well, but have some great memories of him at the pulls. Always worth watching him on the "Barnyard B#tch" You were never sure what was going to happen, and when he spoke you listened. Will miss him. Condolances to his family and friends.

Thanks for adding the post about the "F@ckin cheaters" Gpuller. I wasn't sure how to word that, Just one of the great Lowell memories.

I have had the pleasure to pull against and watch Shimon pull for the last 12 years. I've gotten to cook burgers with him and Paul. We would always sit listen to him complain about all the cheaters and what everyone else was doing wrong while he drank his diet dew and smoke luckey strikes. My two memories of him were just before he would take off with the b!#ch he had to flick the luckey, stand up adjust his jeans and then take off, just about every hook! lol My other memory is he would always say " well here comes the cheaters" to my grandpa and I. Well one day we walked up to him he said his classic phrase and my grandpa pipes up and says "well we are learning from the best!" We all had a good laugh. It won't be the same in ICAP without him. He will be missed.

Nick Paulson

I only met Lowell on two occasions-yraveled down to Iowa twice to pull. First time there he and Paul invited me over to share some burgers from their little grill. The next time down I knew enough to bring some food and beverage to share. Great guy. Condolences.

I too will miss Lowell. I did'nt know him well, but have visited with him at tractor pulls for 15 years or so. He and Paul Spear were two of the nicest people at the pulls. If there is any tractor pulling in Heaven, Lowell will be a participant. My sincere condolances to the family. Dale

Me and my wife have been pulling at some of the same pulls as Lowell for 11 years. We both will miss him and feel for the family. He is what I would say an ICON in this northern part of Iowa pulling circuit. Our memorys are the same as what the others have said but, there is one thing I always was amazed at. How he could bounce down the track on the B@#tch and always still have the ash hanging out of his lucky strike. Hope he keeps the pulling going in heaven. Thanks for the good times Lowell.

The Barnyard B!$#& will be back.... Tougher than ever!!! So, cheaters look out because it takes one to catch one. LOL!!!!!!!!!!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back