Lower lift arms

Alan8n

I was running my 58 861 diesel over the weekend pulling a Perfecta implement when I heard and felt a crash behind me. Turned around to see that the Perfecta was severely leaning to one side, and after checking it out saw that I broke the ball on the lower lift arms. Unhooked the Perfecta and took her to the barn. Got the arm off and called around and was lucky enough to find one locally, so I can finish the field work. I picked it up and noticed it had 3 holes in it, as did my original, but on mine there was a bracket that filled the other 2 holes to attach the sway chain to. That bracket on mine was not coming off so I thought I can just get another one only to find out that I could not find those brackets. Finished the field work and then tried to find those brackets with NO success. Some new arms come with the brackets already installed, but it seems if they don't come on your arm then you can't get them. I have an 8n and the arms only have 1 hole and the chain is attached to the bolt that goes thru the arm and has a little tab on it.
I checked YTMAG parts here and they sell the bolt that goes thru the arm with the tab on it, but not the 2 hole bracket. So if anyone can let me know if you can get those 2 hole brackets or do you just use the bolt with tab on it I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Alan

What I have done in the past was take a torch and cut off the rivet heads on the broken arm then grind them smooth and punch them out. Two grade 8 bolts with lock nuts and bolt the bracket to the new arm. Never tried looking for just the brackets so I don't know what's out there.

(quoted from post at 12:29:13 05/17/21) I was running my 58 861 diesel over the weekend pulling a Perfecta implement when I heard and felt a crash behind me. Turned around to see that the Perfecta was severely leaning to one side, and after checking it out saw that I broke the ball on the lower lift arms. Unhooked the Perfecta and took her to the barn. Got the arm off and called around and was lucky enough to find one locally, so I can finish the field work. I picked it up and noticed it had 3 holes in it, as did my original, but on mine there was a bracket that filled the other 2 holes to attach the sway chain to. That bracket on mine was not coming off so I thought I can just get another one only to find out that I could not find those brackets. Finished the field work and then tried to find those brackets with NO success. Some new arms come with the brackets already installed, but it seems if they don't come on your arm then you can't get them. I have an 8n and the arms only have 1 hole and the chain is attached to the bolt that goes thru the arm and has a little tab on it.
I checked YTMAG parts here and they sell the bolt that goes thru the arm with the tab on it, but not the 2 hole bracket. So if anyone can let me know if you can get those 2 hole brackets or do you just use the bolt with tab on it I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Alan

I had to buy one of the tabs you are talking about for my 850. There is a left and a right. I got 2 by mistake and the seller never responded so if you need as left side and I can find it you can have it.

Alan,

I was looking at an earlier post (April 2015) where you was considering the replacement hydraulic lift cylinder (c5nn477b) for your '58 861. Just wanted to ask if you followed through with the replacement and how it worked out. I'm in same situation with my '58 801. No luck with used parts. So I'm looking at the new c5nn477b available as an aftermarket part and would appreciate any advice you may have before I make the leap. Thanks.

Tom

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back