Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
I've got a super M, that I recently put on a 12 volt starter. Now the problem is that I can't get it to run. Just wandering where to start looking for my problem.
 
did you do anything else when you did the 12volt conversion? if you just put a 12v battery in place of the 6v, and chaned the ground from + to -, you will need to put a resistor in the wire that powers the coil, also, you need to reverse the wires at the coil. stop out at napa, get either a 12v coil with a built in resistor, or a 6v coil and add a ballast resister from a early 1970's b body chrysler product. napa will know what it is. if the old 6v coil was left in , it prolly cooked the coil.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top