M pullin 6 row planter

stonerock73

New User
i have 75 hp farmall M with 15.5 38 tires & 15.5 38 duels 4 sets of weights M&W live hyd with two christmas trees do i have enough tractor to pull a 6 row dry fert maxi merge no till planter??
 
Don't see why not. My father in law pulled a 6 row notil JD with a 4600 Ford while his 5000 Ford sat in the shed. Said he just liked the 4600 better. Joe
 
I easily pull mine with a Farmall 560 no duals.
I contour on my steep hills so no problem with traction. If I tried to plant straight up and down I think I would spin out.
A 560 has around 54-55 drawbar hp.
Full of dry fert you may need to go to a larger diameter cylinder to get it to raise.
 
In very optimal conditions you should. Sandy ground on a very level, well drained field. Even then that setup is going to max your tractor out in terms of stress on the driveline. I would say in clay soils with some grade to the field probably not. Unless your options are extremely limited I would figure on another tractor or planter. If it were me I would just find another tractor even if I had to rent something to do just that job.
 
I pull a JD 6 row 7000 planter with dry fertilizer with a gas 706. It has 18.4 34 tires. Your M has more hp than my 706, so you shouldn't have a problem.
 
Pull an 8 row no-till Cyclo with dry fertilizer with an 800 Case with no problem, lift is kind of slow with my hydraulic flow but with the M&W pump should be no trouble
 
I pull/carry a 6r(3point) Jd #70 planter with 'marker shovels'(furrowers) with a Super M.It would probably handle an 8 row.The tractor is currently wearing duals.They are not really not nessary.Your tractor will have no trouble with a 6r pull type Max emerge.
a78785.jpg

a78786.jpg
 
You should be fine, stock hydraulics will not lift arms on 7000. The arms may still come up a little slow with the pump you have, but will not bang.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top