Macfaddens auction photos #2

JDemaris

Well-known Member
Here's some stuff that I could tell what the selling price was. Also, not in photos - a Belarus 925 in new condition, 4WD turbo-diesel sold for $5000. A MF65 diesel with a 40B loader for $2200. I bought the Deere 300B diesel backhoe-loader for $4000. A MF165 gas tractor that was ratty looking sold for $2700. A Deere two-row, 3 pnt corn-planter sold for $600. A Ford-Dearborn 3 pnt two-bottom plow for $425. Ford-Dearborn 3 pnt three-bottom plow for $450. A Deere 3 pnt. sickle-bar mower for $150. A little Fordson Dexta gas-engine tractor with cab, 3 pnt hitch, etc. for $700.

<a href="http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m162/jdemaris/macfadden%20auction/?action=view&current=amish.jpg" target="_blank">
amish.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket
</a>

<a href="http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m162/jdemaris/macfadden%20auction/?action=view&current=100_2095.jpg" target="_blank">
100_2095.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket
</a>

<a href="http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m162/jdemaris/macfadden%20auction/?action=view&current=100_2058.jpg" target="_blank">
100_2058.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket
</a>

<a href="http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m162/jdemaris/macfadden%20auction/?action=view&current=100_2057.jpg" target="_blank">
100_2057.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket
</a>

<a href="http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m162/jdemaris/macfadden%20auction/?action=view&current=100_2054.jpg" target="_blank">
100_2054.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket
</a>

<a href="http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m162/jdemaris/macfadden%20auction/?action=view&current=100_2081.jpg" target="_blank">
100_2081.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket
</a>
 
Wow, looks like everything sold for pretty good money!. The worst thing about those consignment auction finds is most of it needs more money put into it to get it working 100%.
 
You can buy any used tractor and have it crap out the minute you get it home - with no warranty unless you're buying from a dealer.

Some went way high, some went real low. Some stuff went for next to nothing. With the Deere 300B hoe I bought, I've been looking for one for years. They often bring $8000-$9000 in nice shape and often over $4000 in non-running condition. So, it was an excellent deal for $4000 - although I didn't want to spend the money. Those tractors tend to bring $5000 - $6000 with no hoe and loader - it's basically a Deere ag 1020 painted yellow with better hydraulics.

I'm no big fan of Russian tractors - but the Belarus 925 turbo with 4WD was like new with only 400 hours on it. A 100 horse 4WD tractor of any kind is a steal at $5000. That thing sold new for $25,000 in 1996.

The little Fordson Dexta ran great, had a hi-low range transmission and an overhead-valve gas engine. That was also a good buy for $700.

A one-row potato planter went for $50 and they are pretty scarce. Of course, if I had bid on it, there's not telling how much higher it would of went.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top