mahindra 1533 vs kubota L3301 vs nh workmaster 35

gac1218

I'm looking to purchase a new tractor in this general H.P. range. Can I go wrong with either of these? The dealers are all within an hours drive. Some say whichever fits you the best, ergonomically is the most important thing?? I would like input from people who have experience with all of these models and not one sided opinions, no offense intended.
Do I need a tractor this size for a 5' bushhog and box blade?

Just FYI, I think NH's may be the same as the "Farmall's" at Case-IH. Look the same to me.

John Deere has some good factory rebates & incentives going on now. I like their 3032 & 3038E series tractors. Kubota & Mahindra are nice too with incentives & rebates going on. It just comes down to personal preference.

The Case and the NH are both made by the same company. I would not be afraid of any of them, dealer support your tractor needs/preference and of course pricing should drive the purchase decision. I would also check out a Kioti CK3510 if you have a dealer close by.

(quoted from post at 03:35:51 10/22/15) John Deere has some good factory rebates & incentives going on now. I like their 3032 & 3038E series tractors. Kubota & Mahindra are nice too with incentives & rebates going on. It just comes down to personal preference.

The one thing that seemed most attractive to me is the 5 year warranty on the Mahindra. It also seems to have the most lifting power, front and rear, and it weighs considerably more than the others.

(quoted from post at 21:09:36 10/21/15) I'm looking to purchase a new tractor in this general H.P. range. Can I go wrong with either of these? The dealers are all within an hours drive. Some say whichever fits you the best, ergonomically is the most important thing?? I would like input from people who have experience with all of these models and not one sided opinions, no offense intended.
Do I need a tractor this size for a 5' bushhog and box blade?

I would also consider how much electronics they have. Personally less is better, your preference may be different.

I just bought a Kubota 3301. I have had it about 3 weeks now and it is a great tractor. I looked at all the
rest and narrowed it down to NH , Kubota and John Deere. The N H dealer would not work on the price and I did
not like the new J D dealer after the change over. The Kubota had the best price and the best finace rates plus
the rebates were the best of any of them. I test drove a Massey and it was a great tractor but the dealer was
50 miles away so that ruled that one out.

(quoted from post at 08:57:33 10/22/15) I just bought a Kubota 3301. I have had it about 3 weeks now and it is a great tractor. I looked at all the
rest and narrowed it down to NH , Kubota and John Deere. The N H dealer would not work on the price and I did
not like the new J D dealer after the change over. The Kubota had the best price and the best finace rates plus
the rebates were the best of any of them. I test drove a Massey and it was a great tractor but the dealer was
50 miles away so that ruled that one out.

I haven't sat on the Kubota yet. I heard they don't have a lot of room in the sitting area. I'm 6-3. Is that true. Do they have step ups on each side? Aren't the seat and steering wheel fixed and not adjustable?

Steering wheel is fixed but the seat is adjustable n the back of the seat base is a tee handle to adjust the
ride of the seat, it is ok but could use a little more adjustment for a bigger person. They come with a step on
the left side and I was told one is made for the other side but it is had to get on from that side because of
the loader control handle. I dot the shuttle shift tran as the hydo pedal took up the whole foot rest on the
right side. The gear shift has a couple more HP on the PTO. I got the R -4 tires but I wish I would have got
the ag type as I think they would work better in soft ground. It has a tier 4 engine and mine just did the
first regeneration. The tractor sounded like it got as miss for just a second then you did not know that it was
doing it thing and I kept right on working it

They may all be good machines ? You really have to look closely because with so many models out there overlapping in size it is hard to compare alike machines.
If you want a hydro look at the John Deere models. They were the only ones who put the brake pedals on the left hand side where you can actually use them along with the hydro on the right side. And yes there are times this can be very helpful.

The JD's I looked at did not have steering brakes. I would not buy a tractor without steering brakes. Another thing to check of JD is make sure a drawbar comes with it. Some models it is an option

They have soooo many models it is mind boggling. I don't even know what models they have out now. I bet the parts guys go nuts as the customers usually do not ever bring in a serial number.
The econo models have good pricing but at a cost of features.

Yea. I have pretty much limited my selections to these three models and brands, as the size and h.p. ratings are almost identical. The only other model around here is John Deere and it is about 4 grand more. I want the shuttle shift instead of the hydro for cost and floor space. I'm really starting to lean towards the Mahindra. The Mahindra is actually 34.5 h.p at engine. Nh makes a workmaster35 and a boomer 33. The boomer has all the bells and whistles which equates to more problems and more initial cost. The workmaster is plain and simple which would be more of what I am interested in. Still waiting on that quote. The Kubota may be ergonomically wrong for me.

Have not looked at the 3301 from Kubota. A friend bought a L3200 last year hydro unit. This one has plenty of room from my 6 foot frame and another friends 6 ft 2in frame.

The only thing that I have seen on the hydro is that the forward/reverse and steering brakes are on the same side making that a pain.

The geared version that I have been looking at with the shuttle shift should not be a problem.

I will be looking and probably purchasing an L4600 shuttle shift on the weekend of the 31st. Found a nice low hour used one.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back