Nice score. I always like to find a manual here or there to add to my collection.. even if i never own 'that' tractor.. etc nice to be able to leaf thru and help out somebody else.. etc.

soundguy
 
Yep. In the past I would let the manual go with the tractor I sold but now days I hold on to them just so down the road I have one so I can help others here and or you never know when you might find a good buy on another tractor and need the manual again
 
Old, I'm sorry I forgot to post back a week or so ago. We had a fire in a neighboring town and went without sleep, took a while for me to get my head out of my rear.

Anyway I can copy that manual for only a few cents, you posted it would be to costly. As you recal I noted I would copy it for nothing and I will certianly stand by my word in all regards.
I was talking to my friend that was with me when I bought it, he remembered that I questioned if the price had changed, as the 3 looks like a redo of a 2. Then it came back to me a little better as the guy got bent out of shape. So probably I had it coming, not saying the right words. My ex-wife stated the same, so must be some truth to it.

Perhaps you would like to keep it, and you are more than welcome, I just don't want you to feel pressured.

While you are staring at your W someday, try to think of a reason why I can't put a step down gear into mine from another tractor. I use mine for concrete work, and a step down would be ok.
 
Well a money order is on its way to you right now. Now I'm not sure what your asking about the step. Fill me in better. I have in the past week put in about 5 hours on that old machine of mine
Hobby farm
 
Old, sorry I should have been more detailed. The WC Allis tractors had a step up or step down gear box on some. They could have been after market. They went between where the power shaft that comes out of the transmision towards the operators seat. Some had just a throw out nuteral gear so the power lift would work with out the rear wheels moving as with a cultivator. Our neighbor had a WC that had the step up and step down in it. Folks have told me there was no such thing, that it was only a step down gear, and then the higher speed was only the actual tractors normal speed. I did however put lots of hrs on it and was completly different than his other WC that he had the step down only.

To help make this more understandable, the first WC's made big problems if you were to cultivate yourself into a corner with the cultivator in the ground. In order to make the cultivator lift, the rear wheels had to turn, untill they made the little gear box that would alow the power shaft to turn, without the wheels turning, thus the cultivator would lift without jacking one rear tire up. This is where the step gear case would go.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top