Anonymous-0
Well-known Member
I'm not sure if what I noticed today was any indication but it was seemingly banner night and day for tapping and or for sap to run, got a taste of it today, made me wonder.
The dripping sap from just under the bark about 4 feet up off a cut I had to make while trimming off a section that split off to the base of trunk was running consistently all day, I put a bucket under it, had a nice dilute taste of maple, maybe I'll boil up enough to make a table spoon LOL ! We actually have a nice ridge, 11 acre wood lot of maple, easy gravity feed to one place, it's tempting, too bad it's such an operation to process. It sure was sweet though, was wondering how the taps are going where you are.
The dripping sap from just under the bark about 4 feet up off a cut I had to make while trimming off a section that split off to the base of trunk was running consistently all day, I put a bucket under it, had a nice dilute taste of maple, maybe I'll boil up enough to make a table spoon LOL ! We actually have a nice ridge, 11 acre wood lot of maple, easy gravity feed to one place, it's tempting, too bad it's such an operation to process. It sure was sweet though, was wondering how the taps are going where you are.