Marvel Schebler - Which rebuild kit? 9N

Anonymous-0

Hello,

I'm looking to order a rebuild kit a Marvel-Schebler carb off of 1941 Ford 9N and I hoping someone can help with identifying the right kit. Online I see two kits -- one for a TSX33 (Part No: C545V) and another for TSX241A/B/C (Part No: C546V). Both kits indicated that they are for models from 1939 to 1952 for 2N, 8N and 9N.

The only number on the bowl of the carb is a "1FU" stamped into the side along with a number "8."

Does anyone know which kit is correct or how to determine this?

Thanks,
Brian

Well if in fact you have an M-S carb then that kit is correct. M-S carbs come in 3 or 4 sizes small med. and large and extra large. The same kit that fits the carb on the N serise fords also fits the carbs on and Oliver 60 and a lot of others also. BTDT and do a lot of carbs off an one and keep kits laying around because of that
Hobby farm

Either one should work but if its the cab that came on it when new it should be a TSX33, the 241 is the one for the later model ones. But as I said I use the same kit on all of them and have never had any problems

that tractor should ahve had a tsx33.. on it.. however it certaintly could have been switched to a 241 variant.. ( or a zenith! ).. I'd grab the 241 kit.

soundguy

Tag is easily overlooked. If you're installing a basic or intermediate kit, most of the generics will fit either carb and basically run the tractor.

For full kits that include the nozzle & jets, it is best to I.D. the carb and get the right kit, there are not all the same. Go to this link and do some browsing on the tsx33 & then do a search for the tsx241.

Joe
v2442.jpg

Thanks for the replies. There's no indication of a brass tag and no distinguishing numbers that I can see short of a "1F U" on the plate.

In doing a search on TSX in the discussion group, I came across a posting by GasPump in Feb07 (see link below) where he states that the 241B is a better kit even if the carb is a TSX33 as it comes with some minor adjustments to the jets including a slightly larger economizer jet as the original TSX33 jet easily plugged. Interested in your thoughts here, but my thinking is to go with the 241B kit regardless.

http://www.ytmag.com/nboard/messages/592731.html

thanks,
Brain

I have a 2N that had a TSX 241B the kit i bought was a complete Kit . it is sold to rebuild the 33 , 241A, B, and C it had two or three parts that were not needed for my 241B. The 9N and 2N came with the TSX 33

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back