marvel Shebler main load assembly

45bldg

I have a 821 Ford and the needle in the main load is bad in the Marvel Schebler carb thats on it. The Tag # TXS 959
....it's the bottom main load assembly . I cant find one here or at Steiners , .so its supposed to be Compatible
with Ford Tractor(s) 800, 801, 811, 820, 821, 840, 841, 850, 851, 860, 861, 871, 881, 900, 901, 941, 950, 951, 960,
961, 971, 981, 4000, 4031, 4120, 4121, 4131 I dont know why one of these would not work? But also here at Yesterdays
I see this one ...picture below....and if the seat for this is the same as the TSXS 959 then I think it should work as
my seat thread is a 3/8 x 24 thread ...I dont know why its so hard to find one for this carb or why they are not
included in the repair kits either..just the Idle air screw assembly ..no Main load assembly .Does anyone know where
to get the assembly ? i have tried where I know but ?

cvphoto164471.jpg

You could call or email and ask if it would work for your carb. That way your not guessing and know for sure before you order it. Wish I could help you more.

TSX959 seems to be for a group of International tractors such as 444, 454, 464 and others. An 821 might originally have had a TSX662, 769, 813 etc. Anyway I think RandyC is right, you'll have to find one that looks close and call to check as TSX959 isn't included in the compatibility list. Below is and example from a carb specialty outfit.
Carbs Unlimited TSX load adjuster

Ok well that information is helpful and really appreciate the help. and now I have a better place to find what I need.. I think its not a big deal for a small deaviation as long as I stay with the basic 3/8 x 24 thread so it seals right. If I was pulling a plow and working it hard it might be an issue of not having the power , or running too lean.....but Im not using it for power..and I dont want a drip...so this nylon seal sounds better ...thanks alot both of you guys..good advice

Yes, as stated, your M/S TSX-959 Carb is not for a FORD TRACTOR. A FORD 801/901 Series used the M/S TSX-662; TSX-672; TSX-692; TSX-771; and TSX-813 Carb. The TISCO KIT CV547-AV USEDTO CONATIN A MAIN NEEDLE. Main adj needle can be bought at LINK listed below.

TISCO CARB REBUILD KIT, #547-AV FOR FORD HUNDRED SERIES MODELS:
jm82vdJl.jpg
3pdYOpYl.jpg

gSyKw5Dl.jpg
Vw1I9xyl.jpg
NOTE: SEE TYPE 'C', p/n 24A and 25 IN SKETCH

Tim Daley (MI)
MAIN ADJ NEEDLE

What do you mean by main load assembly is bad? If it's just leaking replace the packing cone. The packing cone is available from Roberts carb or your local John Deere dealer. An M, 40, or 420 Deere used it. The last ones I bought were about $6 but everything has gone up.

The assembly isn't included because it's only needed if it breaks or strips. In the old days the packing cone came with the kit but no longer.

someone had tried to turn the stuck needle and it broke off ..but there was about 5 threads sticking out and I did get it turned out and cleaned it as it was rusted bad and it was turned in to almost shut off...I put it back in and left it about 2 or 3 turns out and now it works ok ...but someone had welded the assembly with lead or something d and the packing is not needed but its dripping from the threads of the needle now... there should be a very small rubber O-ring right ? well its gone so I can maybe fix that..when it broke the needle was like 1 turn from closed and it was starving..now its ok ...but the needle is pitted bad even after I tried to polish it...cant believe it runs that good for a needle in that shape...but it does...still I would like to replace the whole assembly...

So Im confused with the txs series diagram here .....and the needle and seat arrangment..... .some carbs have the spring with the needle that has the T top ...but some dont.....this TXS series shows on figure # 13 shows the seat and fiber washer and the needle ...but also shows a small spring ...so that means that this carb in the picture has the T TOP needle instead of the standard non T Top...with no spring....I dont think mine had that ..so do all txs series come with the T TOP and spring and mine must have been changed at some point or the spring got lost? I dont remember since the other day when I had it apart 3 times but if the needle would of had that T top ....I would have seen it..so I dont think it does? Is that a problem ...DID ALL TXS carbs come with the spring? and mine is not there? And the purpose of that spring was to fix what issue? keep open in case of sticky needle /seat ? or in case the carb level in bowl goes to low and so the needle doesnt drop too far and get jammed in and cant close and the the carb over flows?......any information would be helpful...

I replaced the old-style main jet adjustment on my 4000 with the one in your picture when I installed a rebuild kit from Steiner. After that, the tractor ran really rich and was fouling plugs, even if I turned the needle in as far as it would go. Finally I pulled the main jet assembly out and realized it wouldn't turn in far enough to close, as the packing was too tight. I loosened the packing nut and worked the needle in and out until it would close all the way. Now it works fine.

(quoted from post at 22:59:41 10/11/23) So Im confused with the txs series diagram here .....and the needle and seat arrangment..... .some carbs have the spring with the needle that has the T top ...but some dont.....this TXS series shows on figure # 13 shows the seat and fiber washer and the needle ...but also shows a small spring ...so that means that this carb in the picture has the T TOP needle instead of the standard non T Top...with no spring....I dont think mine had that ..so do all txs series come with the T TOP and spring and mine must have been changed at some point or the spring got lost? I dont remember since the other day when I had it apart 3 times but if the needle would of had that T top ....I would have seen it..so I dont think it does? Is that a problem ...DID ALL TXS carbs come with the spring? and mine is not there? And the purpose of that spring was to fix what issue? keep open in case of sticky needle /seat ? or in case the carb level in bowl goes to low and so the needle doesnt drop too far and get jammed in and cant close and the the carb over flows?......any information would be helpful...
ounds like you have jumped from main power adjust to float assembly, now??? What is a "T-top"? Don't see that term in maintenance manual or parts manual????

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back