Massey 1130 - Parking Paw resolved

dhermesc

A while back I posted a thread about the issues we were having with our new purchased 1130 and how I thought the parking paw was snapped off.

If you are interested we found something that raised a lot of questions.

I bought a new parking paw online and we had it sitting on the bench waiting to go in. Pulled the fuel tank and cover with the parking paw and it looked OK - a little worn on the end tooth but otherwise it
looked fine. We inspected the gear that the paw locks onto and it appeared fine too. My son and I were both puzzled over this - tried activating the paw by putting it in park and that worked fine too.
Finally I started looking looking at the new parking paw trying to figure out if the dull end tooth might be the issue. Finally caught it when I laid the new part next to the old part - the old parking paw
was about 1/4 shorter than the new one. I am assuming at some point the paw had been replaced and the wrong part installed - how they found one that close without it being right is beyond me. I assume the
tooth was ground down some from dragging across the parking gear without ever locking into place.

Installed the new one, put everything back together and it works fine.

I never replaced one. Saw tractors with park blocked off. They would have to be pulled/tugged/moved with another tractor to get them out of park.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back