Massey 165 new addition

Well my son just bought his first Massey. He is so excited its a 165 gas. Needs a little attention but she runs and drives. We will need a battery because the seller wants to keep it for his other tractor but he is delivering it for keeping the battery. Are these negative ground? It has a loader that we will be taking off. This will be his haying tractor and a project to get restored. It is leaking a little at the hydraulic remote where it mounts. We will give it a tune up and fresh fluids. Lots of questions coming your way we will need some help getting her into tip top shape.

You need to check the dimensions of the battery box and the tie-down. I have 3 old gas Massey Ferguson tractors. I just buy basic Rural King or Walmart economy batteries..about 500 CCA that meet the measurements. Those old gas engines crank pretty easy, especially in hay weather.
The last battery I bought was about 8 tall, 11 wide and 7 or 8 deep. Buy one with a handle on top to help lifting it into place.

Well we will pick up a battery this weekend and then we have to figure out how to get the loader off. Then a few updates hope to be using it in the field soon

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back