Massey 3545 clutch issue

I have a 3545 with a clutch issue. Hoping it's not a serious issue but looking for advice. Used it 2 days ago and I had no problems. Today I started it up and it was hard to get into gear but when it did go, I had no clutch. It just started going. Got it shut off and was inspecting it when I noticed fluid dripping out of a plate on the bottom. Fluid is coming out around a eyebolt that's protruding from this plate. The bolt doesn't seem to be attacked to anything because it moves easily. Any idea if this is something that can be fixed easily or am I going to have to break it in half to solve the issue?

Maybe take that cover plate off. Look up inside. You might see something obvious. You might get an idea where the oil is coming from. The clutch is a single disc diaphragm type. Could have cracked the diaphragm.

I'd bet you will have it split to fix both issues.

Upvote 0
I have a 3545 with a clutch issue. Hoping it's not a serious issue but looking for advice. Used it 2 days ago and I had no problems. Today I started it up and it was hard to get into gear but when it did go, I had no clutch. It just started going. Got it shut off and was inspecting it when I noticed fluid dripping out of a plate on the bottom. Fluid is coming out around a eyebolt that's protruding from this plate. The bolt doesn't seem to be attacked to anything because it moves easily. Any idea if this is something that can be fixed easily or am I going to have to break it in half to solve the issue?
To go along with what Harry posted. Don't be surprised if the eyebolt turns out to be a cotter pin. They were used as "jiggle pins". They fit loosely in the hole and the jiggling was intended to keep the hole open so any oil or water could drip out.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info. Does anyone know of a guide or link on best way to split this model? I've done it on smaller tractors but never one this big.

Upvote 0

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back