Massey Corn Head for 510

IHPRIDE

New User
Im in need of a Massey Ferguson head for a 510 combine. Im looking for a four row 30" and Im located in north central kansas.... If anyone could tell me where to find one in this area it would be helpfull, or tell me anything about them that would help
 
When my dad brought home the 510 some twenty years ago I remember it came with a Model 43 4 Row cornhead.

If I remember correctly the ideal corn head was a four row. I know that after massey changed the logos and the combine design the 43 became the 443.

Christos
 
Hi,I have a510 with a 43 head on it and unless your machine has 18-4-26 drive tires instead of the 23-1-26 drives,its very hard not to knock corn down.Because a 43 head is offset,510s are barely narrow enough.Work real good on a 410 though.Newer style is number 1143,no such massey number as 443.Good luck!
 
IHpride:
I am also looking for a 43 or 1143 to put on an old 550 we have. I actually found one that appears to be in pretty good shape in Sargent, Nebraska on Ebay for $750 “buy it now”. I don’t know were in north central Kansas you live but it looks to be a couple three hours from Phillipsburg. The URL is :

http://cgi.ebay.com/MF-Massey-Ferguson-corn-head-43-rare-4-30-Quick-attach-_W0QQitemZ370074392862QQcmdZViewItem?IMSfp=TL0808031169r7665

I’m from Southwest, Missouri and if it were a bit closer I’d own it… Guess I’ll keep looking and hopefully maybe this info might help you out.
Scott Cupps, Shell Knob, MO

P.S. Also a Red Power Fan!
5eaf_1.JPG

Massey 43 Corn Head
 
IHpride,
I just noticed that you also asked if anybody knew anything about these older heads. We do have a 43 that we’ve mostly run on a 540 and a 44 that we use to shell a bit of wide row corn for a couple guys around here that are set in their ways and too hard headed to chop down their planters. We haven’t run them over a terribly large number of acres so take any advice for what it’s worth but one thing we have noticed about most older Massey heads is that the deck plates are very wide and if they are adjustable they are usually frozen up pretty solid and very difficult to move as is. We found that taking a piece of smaller round stock (1/4 to a ½) and cutting it to length and welding sections to the inner sided of the deck plates works real well for narrowing them up. It’s kind of a quick fix but has seemed to do the job for us very nicely.
Scott Cupps
Cupps Farms
Shell Knob, MO
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top