Massey ferguson Plow

ptbrophy

I am attempting to find some parts for a neighbors Masey Ferguson plow.I am not sure of the terminology used when speaking about these things,so here goes.He asked me to order a part that I later found out was called a shin.I did so and when we went to replace it we found that the bottom of the plow had been worn down very badly.The shares or points,as I was informed were worn down to the point the first hole in all 4 plows were almost gone.There is also another part the looks like a 2 sides triangle.The one side has the bolts that hold the shares in place and the other side has what appears to be a wear plate of sorts.I have no idea what these two parts are called,but would be interested in finding out what they are called.I am also wondering if the two parts are available and whom would sell them.I attempted to find them online,but it is hard to look for something when you don't know it's name.
The number on the shin we took off is SHIN 08053,MF SHIN 729742010756,and the number on the shares we took off are WIESE RSMF16 4,WO1T TK1,and a second number is RSF 164 WO4U NK1.Can anyone give me a few titbits of information,and perhaps a few suggestions.
I could not fin any stamped information plates located on the plow.
Patrick

The "bottom part"(base that the wear parts are attatched to) is called the frog.It is common to be worn that bad.But there is NO
reason for this! The former owner was too laZY or cheap to replace when needed.I have in fact built up frogs that were worn.The
side oppisite the share is where you put the 'landside'.The rear bottom will have a longer landside then the front bottoms.The moldboard may also be worn badly and needing replaced as well.Wiess is an after market supplier/manufacturer.Find them at Some
COOPs,implement dealers,Some farm stores carry them.Maybe 'online' can find them..Shoup Manufactureing will have them. Google em.Order a
catalog.I use em,good people.

(quoted from post at 19:11:09 05/17/15) The "bottom part"(base that the wear parts are attatched to) is called the frog.It is common to be worn that bad.But there is NO
reason for this! The former owner was too laZY or cheap to replace when needed.I have in fact built up frogs that were worn.The
side oppisite the share is where you put the 'landside'.The rear bottom will have a longer landside then the front bottoms.The moldboard may also be worn badly and needing replaced as well.Wiess is an after market supplier/manufacturer.Find them at Some
COOPs,implement dealers,Some farm stores carry them.Maybe 'online' can find them..Shoup Manufactureing will have them. Google em.Order a
catalog.I use em,good people.

Thanks Delta Red

I found the Shoup Manufacturing Co online when I ordered the Shin that I bought.They do not handle landsides for Massey Ferguson,or at they are not listed on the site.I did however find someone that listed them for sale on their website and I will contact them tomorrow.
The plow frogs are a different story.I searched for several hours online and found nobody that even mentions them on their site.Is this going to be something that will need to be reworked with a welder and a grinder,or does anyone know someplace that handles them.
I took a closer look at them this,afternoon and two out of the four look pretty bad.The front ones front bolt hole is almost gone.
Is this an item that when you find them the cost will rock your socks off,as they do look expensive.

Yes that price will do that if you can even get them from dealer and not made of unobtainable. Normally never would have to replace a frog as they are not a wear part and only if you would have a wreck and get dammaged that way would they ever have to be replaced. Unless you can find a plow with them in a salvage yard you are pretty much out of luck. Would be very hard to rebuild a frog. If the frog is that bad then the shank that holds the frog on will be shot as well. That plow should be going to scrap yard instead of repairing. And I have rebuilt and am continuing to rebuild machinery that most would have sent to the scrapper. Would not touch it to rebuild as other plows are avaible and cheaper than used parts. The machinery I rebuild now is not avaible to be found any more so only option is rebuild parting one piece to get parts for a different piece. So when I say scrap it is not because hard to do but impractical as it still can be replaced.

It"s easy to repair a frog when the front bolt hole is about gone. Just torch it off a ways back, and weld some new steel in its place, matching the original for thickness. Pre-drill the hole in the new piece, and bolt it to the share, bolt the share to the frog, and tack weld the new piece from the back side. This locates the new piece so the bolt holes are in the right place.

Thanks for the information regarding the repair.I was beginning to think that this was the way to go,but it's nice to hear someone agree with the way to do the repair based on prior experence.
I will let you know how I make out.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back