Ferguson Plow

wildwes

I picked up this Ferguson 14 AO 28 plow a few days ago from a local man who sells machinery. I have wanted one of the old Ferguson or Dearborn plows for a while now, just to say I have one. It had been run until there were holes in the moldboards, and he had patched it up to be used as a garden plow. It would have lasted a long time in that role, but I wanted to play around with it a little bit. Since moldboards and points for this plow are out of production, I cut the front of the moldboards down for Ford shins, trimmed the bottom of the frog and blew a couple of holes in it to fit Ford points, and patched the holes in the moldboards. The moldboards were not in bad shape, other than being worn through near the bottom front, like a newer style moldboard will do if you run them too long with worn out shins.

I had a little bit of ridging between passes, but that was partially the wheel on the tractor only letting the front bottom take a 12-13" slice, and me not being the best in the world at setting up a plow. I was pulling it with a little John Deere 1050, in 5th gear.

Now I can replace shins and points easily with off the shelf parts, and when the moldboards finally give up the ghost I can pick up a couple of Ford or Oliver moldboards, blow a few new bolt holes in the frog, and replace them too. I bought the plow for $80, have around $20 in new bolts, and around $70 worth of points and shins on it, so for $180 I have a good little plow that plows like a champ. If you have a Ferguson or Dearborn in need of wear parts and can't find them, this might be an option for you too.

mvphoto105856.jpg
https://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/photos/mvphoto105857.jpg[/img]

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back