Massey Front Loader Hydraulics MF 202

Hello, my son and I are rebuilding an old MF 202. The front loader cylinders are leaking, not the big main arm cylinders but the smaller ones that control the bucket.
I can't find any rebuild kits. It might help if I knew what the cylinders that control the bucket are called?
Also, I'm wondering what I might need to rebuild those. Just seals? Or does it contain cups?

Any advice is appreciated, thatnks

The cylinders which are mounted on the loader lift frame, that control the bucket position, are called Bucket cylinders. The ones that move the lift frame are called Lift cylinders.

You need to determine what loader your tractor has to determine the kits needed, from MF there was more than one loader used on a 202 (and it could be an aftermarket loader installed over the years). Then, with the MF loaders, you may need to determine which bucket cylinders are on that loader, as again there could be several different ones used on a given model loader. If it is a MF loader there may be part numbers stamped into the cylinders (near the base that pins to the loader frame.

AGCO (parent company of MF) has online parts books at:

https://parts.agcocorp.com/

Click on "Search By Parts Book". On the page that opens lick on "Browse". Then use the dropdowns to fill the boxes. Brand: Massey Ferguson, Machine Type: Material Handling, Product Type: Mounted Industrial Loaders. Then a model of loader has to be selected, that requires knowing what your loader is. You can look at any of the books and compare to yours and check bucket cylinder part numbers to look for. The 100 and 200 series loaders are a couple to look at.

A starting point would be to post some pictures of it here and see if your model choices can be narrowed down. Pictures showing the entire sides, so the guys can see the framing, how it mounts, and how the control valve and filter mount. Also, a picture or two of the cylinders may help.

Or you can pull a cylinder off, tear it down, and take the sealing and wear parts to a hydraulic shop that rebuilds cylinders and have them match up the parts.

How bad do they leak?
Do the hoses need to be replaced?

What Jim said.

And:
If they are Massey Dump Cylinders (that's what the parts book calls them), they should have a number stamped on them. Any good hydraulic repair shop should be able to get what's in there. You may not know for sure what cylinder you have until it's apart.

P.S.- If there is ANYTHING wrong with the chrome rod (such as rust, pits, dings, dents, and/ or scratches), you won't get much life out of new seals.

You may want to weigh- out replacing both cylinders. The clevis ends get wallowed and sloppy. This allows the rod to hit the loader frame when you dump the bucket all the way.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back