massey harris 333

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
I have a massey harris 333 (first one) has been sitting for a few years, got it running, but the clutch wont dissengage. it will slide on the shaft but the clutch disc will not dissengage. any ideas without taking apart?
 
Clutch disk has probably stuck to either the flywheel or the pressure plate.(or both)Pretty common occurence for a tractor that has set for a while.
 
I am not familiar with that model, but is there an inspection cover on the top side of the bellhousing? You may be able to look in there and free it up.
 
WE have a 333 and it did the same thing. It was not hard to fix. remove the hood, gas tank,battery box. I think there are four or six bolts that fasten the frame to the rearend. We pulled a couple of those bolts out and put longer bolts in just enough to get the input shaft out. after removing the bell housing. I took a screw driver and just barely touched the clutch disc and it fell to the floor. While we were in there we put a new throw out and pilot bearing.

Good luck

Gale
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top