Massey Harris 444

Anyone willing to take a whack at what this model might
bring at an auction. It is advertised as rebuilt and in good
shape.

Thanks

Most 444 had power steering and a few 3 point hitch, but more important is condition of tires and gas or diesel then 50+ year old tractor / worth just what ever you want to pay like you said anybody want to guess .

My neighbor Wayne, has a 444 gas,3 pt, @ assist steering, he would sell his for 25OO American,it's a nice tractor,but he hasn't advertised it either !!!!

i have never saw one with factory power steering to this day. did not even know they had that option. i have a massey here that someone installed the Charlynn hyd. one on it. they are closer to 70 years old already. the tires are worth more than the tractor if they are good or as new. we have no info or pictures. plus engine parts are obsolete. plus massey is not high on the collector list.

I know this wont be much help to you Robin Hood but to give you a bit of info I can buy a 44 massey Harris that has a decent amateur paint job runs really nice (I know the tractor) and brand new tires for 2000 dollars Canadian. Which is probably a 35 % discount from real money. And its only 16 miles from my farm. Good luck.

I was watching a couple of these this fall. First one sold on the Mecum fall auction for $3500. It looked nice but some of the sheet metal was older paint, some new. The 2nd one looked immaculate and went for $7500 at an auction in Maryland in September.

Tim

They did make em, with factory assist sterring it was called,it said it in the middle of the steering wheel itself!!

Since I have no desire to own one, and would only be interested if it went super-cheap so I could buy it and flip it, I'll say $1500.

If it were mine and I were selling it, $9500 firm. No lowballers. I know what I got.

If the tires are close to new then it has at least $2000 worth of rubber on it. None of the 444s I drove ever had power steering but no doubt it was an option. A 3 point hitch on one of these would be equivalent to finding a unicorn out here. My brother recently got his going again and I donated him a dozer blade to install on it to push snow this winter. That one keeps you warm steering it in the winter.
cvphoto166736.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back