May be of interest to machinists

used red MN

I just read a post on the Restoration and Repair topic section. It reminded me of a YouTuber from Australia who operates a machine shop named Cutting Edge Engineering or CCE. Most of what he does has to do with the repair of large hydraulic cylinders doing things like replacing barrels that have cracked and rams that have been broke or damaged. I realize a lot of what he does is not really applicable to the average home/hobby machinist, but I thought it was fun to watch. Here is a link to the post see my reply there.
Hydraulic cylinder repair stuff

Shop I used to work at has been making replacement rods, pistons, glands for years. Also done barrel replacement, getting base ends and ports welded with no pinholes seems to be the biggest problem. They have a cylinder machine that will remove glands and nuts that are torqued to thousands of foot pounds.

I watched several of that guy's videos a couple of years ago but haven't done so recently.
Yeah, they do some interesting stuff on that channel.

Ive watched a few of thier videos that have popped up on my FB feed and they are one of very few that impress me. There are lots of wannabes but they are the real deal. Its nice to see a younger man with such skills in the trade instead of sitting around with his nose poked in a phone.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back