McCormick - Deering Grain Drill Identification

Our Phone System is Down!

Please use the Contact us Form

We are working to resolve the issue ASAP! Thanks for your patience!

I'm trying to completely identify a grain drill that was part of my father-in-law's estate. The only identification I have been able to find is "McCormick - Deering". No other markings that I can see. I'm trying to determine the year/model number and, more importantly, how to operate it. I can't seem to figure out how to drop the disks to the ground when it's time to plant. Any information will be greatly appreciated! (Sorry if the pics are sideways.... they are oriented correctly when I open them on the computer.)
cvphoto790.jpg

cvphoto791.jpg

cvphoto792.jpg

Operation is easy. Tie a rope on that lever in the middle, pull it, and the disks drop. While driving forward, pull and hold the lever for a bit, and the wheel lift cogs will catch and lift the disks out of the ground. Let go of the rope when it starts to lift.

Now, with rust and dried grease, there is a good chance it will be stiff and not want to trip down, nor catch to lift up. But with some effort that is how it should work.

The little crank handle sets your depth.

Paul

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back