McCormick Farmall W9 Rad Issue

njohnson419

New User
I bought a 1946 Farmall W9 Standard from northern Illinois this past weekend as a project tractor. It needs a few odds and ends, but it runs fairly well after sitting under a tree for over 20 years. Main thing I noticed was that the radiator was missing the neck for the radiator cap and was unsure as to what would be the best approach for fixing that. I was also unsure if there was more missing from the top of the rad. There's a fella about 20 minutes from my house who only services radiators, and I thought about taking it to him. Would it be easier to just take it out and try to replace it with another radiator from another similar sized tractor? If anyone has any helpful pics or information, post them please! I'm based out of southwest Ohio.

I think that radiator is only on the w9. I bought a new core for mine.
I have some parts for them if u need stuff.most of the radiators i have seen in them are cast iron tanks bolted to a core i
also have one parts w9 with copper tanks . cool tractors.

leave the farmall off , its called a McCormick. but there is nothing else out there with the same rad. the WD9 might fit i dont know as
never thought to check that out. in this series there is the w9 wd9, 600,650. and that it. never mind gas in the 600 and 650 as they are
scarce.

If the top tank has five 10-32 thread holes all it takes is a gasket and radiator filler neck and adapter put back on with cap. 46 model came with a low pressure radiator but it may be a later replacement radiator used on serial number 44069 up. W-9 gas or diesel 44069 up used the same top and lower tank and sides on supers through 650 with a different number core in later ones in the series.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back