Tractorcedric
Member
- Location
- Garland. Utah
Stump grinder would have been easier solution.And then the need to find enough fill to get the hole back to level. Woof what a job. Jim
Maybe. But im sure this was more funStump grinder would have been easier solution.
Around here most folks open the hole up, put the stump back in the hole upside down, cover it over and they are done with it, eliminates having to dispose of the stump.And then the need to find enough fill to get the hole back to level. Woof what a job. Jim
I have to use both ends If I want to lift the big stuff.Or working both end against the middle.
I flipped over a large stump in 2011. The stump was so large a skid loader couldn't lift.Around here most folks open the hole up, put the stump back in the hole upside down, cover it over and they are done with it, eliminates having to dispose of the stump.
Doesn't everyone have a pile of top soil?And then the need to find enough fill to get the hole back to level. Woof what a job. Jim
That is done only out in the woods around here. Ten years later you have a big hole to fill.Around here most folks open the hole up, put the stump back in the hole upside down, cover it over and they are done with it, eliminates having to dispose of the stump.
Just wanted to chalenge my old backhoe for one thing. After I tipped the stump over in the hole, I dug most of the dirt off of it with the backhoe. I put the stump on top of the brush pile to dry over the summer and will burn it this fall. Will let the dirt settle awhile the maybe put a Yard Art Oliver 60 there. Since that is the corner of the fenced yard.Or working both end against the middle.
And still too heavy to be pulled down hill by a Farmall C. Even unloaded!Doesn't everyone have a pile of top soil?
In 2019 I built a pole barn. I had to remove a lot of dirt on the north end of the pole barn so rain water wouldn't run towards the barn.
I pushed that dirt on the west side of my property.
If I ever need more dirt, I will remove more of the hill.
I've given away my top soil. My son calls the dirt black gold.
I took my CPA 2 loads for raised strawberry beds.
He mixed in cow poo and he had the best ever strawberries.
My dump trailer is a 10k. It is very handy. View attachment 7110
The stumps weren't ground in these situations. They were just buried whole, then I assume filled level because when I came a long it had been maybe two years, and the depressions were shallow. After ten years the holes were more than three feet deep.So you guys are saying where I had a stump ground out in a field I will not be able to keep it leveled up over time by working the field draging dirt around with tillage equipment? IT will still be a hole to fill later.
We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.
Copyright © 1997-2025 Yesterday's Tractor Co.
All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.
Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters
Website Accessibility Policy