Metabo angle grinder

Roy Suomi

I've had my Metabo angle grinder for many years. It finally gave up the ghost. I'm trying to find a like replacement, but I don't know the model number of it. It uses a 4 1/2 or 5 inch spindle washer setup. When I turned it on a light would flash 3 times then it would run. It also had a governed speed. Lets say in a heavy grind or cut it would speed up , then go back to normal no load speed. I've been looking around , but haven't found a grinder like this one. people look at me like I grew a 3rd eye in the middle of my fore head when I try to explain it to them. It's not a variable speed. But it does speed up when under a load or slow down when load is off. Can't read the tag anymore. Thanks , Roy

I've had my Metabo angle grinder for many years. It finally gave up the ghost. I'm trying to find a like replacement, but I don't know the model number of it. It uses a 4 1/2 or 5 inch spindle washer setup. When I turned it on a light would flash 3 times then it would run. It also had a governed speed. Lets say in a heavy grind or cut it would speed up , then go back to normal no load speed. I've been looking around , but haven't found a grinder like this one. people look at me like I grew a 3rd eye in the middle of my fore head when I try to explain it to them. It's not a variable speed. But it does speed up when under a load or slow down when load is off. Can't read the tag anymore. Thanks , Roy

I have repaired a few. Most likely the brushes are worn out. I have one , and I don't know if I can get a model #. It was used/abused in a welding shop.. New set of brushes brought it back to life.

Yours may be just dirty, just take a look. Clean them up. Clean the commutator too,

guido.

You will not find a true Metabo replacement. Metabo bought Hitachi in 2015 and everything now is basically just rebranded Hitachi.

Check Ebay for what is for sale. You might find one that looks like yours and you can get the model number. You might also find a good used one that is priced right.

It does smoke slightly. but I'm thinking after all these years, the hypoid gears are going south due to the slight noise I'm getting Oh well, after all these years, it maybe time for a change. It has been one great grinder for the last 30 years. Kind of like a long time friend going to the nursing home.. Model number looks like an EW 9150 if I read the well worn tag correctly. It out worked any other grinder I've owned and if memory serves correctly was a bit over 200 bucks new in early 90's. I'm 72 and the next grinder may outlast me as long as I don't get a lemon. Like Sophia from Golden Girls TV show says, " What do I have left ? another 20 - 30 years "

It does smoke slightly. but I'm thinking after all these years, the hypoid gears are going south due to the slight noise I'm getting Oh well, after all these years, it maybe time for a change. It has been one great grinder for the last 30 years. Kind of like a long time friend going to the nursing home.. Model number looks like an EW 9150 if I read the well worn tag correctly. It out worked any other grinder I've owned and if memory serves correctly was a bit over 200 bucks new in early 90's. I'm 72 and the next grinder may outlast me as long as I don't get a lemon. Like Sophia from Golden Girls TV show says, " What do I have left ? another 20 - 30 years "
Look at it this way, the next one you buy will be last one. Even an Harbor Freight one.:)

Guido.

Come on Guido. Gimme a chance to at least get to 75 without keeling over.. I've seen the HF grinders go right out of the box.:ROFLMAO:

Come on Guido. Gimme a chance to at least get to 75 without keeling over.. I've seen the HF grinders go right out of the box.:ROFLMAO:
You got me! Click on my avatar, you may get a charge out of it!

Guido.

Last edited:

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back