MF 1105 Multi-Power question

matador

New User
So I just bought an 1105 loader tractor at auction. Drove it home yesterday, and noticed something's not right with the multi-power. In low, it works perfectly fine. Flip it up to hi in road gear, and it'll act like it's pulling sometimes, and then it'll slip out of multipower, like I'm back in the low range. This is my first Massey, so I'm a bit clueless at where to look. Do these have a separate oil reservoir that could be low, or a filter somewhere that I should try changing?

Will do! What type of oil do I put in there if it needs some? Not my first tractor, but my first Massey

This question has been asked before, this is what Robert Magor had to say. You can do search at the top of the page on the subject.
Personally I nerve had a1105 apart but did a 1155 last year and it did have the filter in front of the air conditioning radiator. That's where I'd start.

robert major

12-20-2013 18:30:06

Re: MF 1105 hydraulic pump noise in reply to Bob in Quebec, 12-20-2013 06:47:18
Hi The 1105 doesn't have the pump destroke lever it's the same as an 1135 from what I know. there are 2 filters one is in a big canister behind the front grill ( just above the head lamps) thats a replaceable element.

There is also one under the rear trans towards the front of the draw bar. look under the tractor there is a plate bolted to the casting with a drain plug in. Remove the drain plugs catch the 40 or 50 liters of oil, I drained all the plugs under the trans for new oil. undo ring of small bolts drop plate, be careful its heavy!. there is a suction filter there on the plate. Hopefully it is not full of filings and large bits! you will probably need a new gasket to re fit the plate. does the tractor have any functions working like pto and multipower if fitted. there are charge and low pressure pumps in the trans. if the charge pumps worn the front pump doesn't get oil feed. Had one apart here a few weeks ago had filings gone through everything. had to replace trans pumps, top trans cover plate, steering priority valve and front pump. Looks like the steering unit under dash is shot also. The oil in that trans is probably like toffee treacle in - 30 that might not help either try warming the trans up some how. Hopefully yours is not as bad as this one was $3000 in parts and still got a steering issue to fix, for the guy. also had to go get $1000 of test meters/gauges and hoses to even start to figure testing the system and the problems.

There is a whole load of tests to diagnose faults in this system you cannot guess whats wrong. 5 little things being slightly wrong can cause 1 big headache. you will need a good service manual or guys that have done this before, with the correct flow meters and things, if warming the oil doesn't help Good luck Regards Robert

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back