MF-135 aux hydraulics from power steering pump

Bart CA

I installed the real power steering pump on my MF-135 not used for power steering
but to operate the snowblower shute turning and tilt also top link cylinder.
It works perfectly. Since the cylinders are double action the reservoir on the pump is OK.
To use single action cylinder(s) I plan to plumb the succion side of the pump in one of the drain plugs of the transmission
and the return to the plug to the hyd top cover plug to use transmission/diff as a reservoir.
I know that if it was a straight pump with no reservoir it will work
but... what will be the behaviour with the pump with reservoir ?

What do you think

Thank you in advance

Bart

cvphoto143928.jpg

Many of those type of pumps have small slots under the bolt and washer that hold the lid down to allow a small amount of venting. The problem you will have is that the return to that type of pump relies on the pressure of the flow by the pressure side of the pump circulating the fluid back into the reservoir. Unless the reservoir and lid are completely sealed the pump will cavitate and introduce air into the pressurized oil flowing out of the pump. Not ideal for reliable operation of a cylinder and also not good for pump longevity.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back