MF-165 aux Hydraulics

Ryan Bennett

New User
Well, Last night I got home and tried out all the suggestions. The way I got the 3 pt. lever to work was lock the left stick back to you.Now I am going to Buy a front end loader for her. Does anyone have a dual valve like mine and a loader.How did you plumb the loader.I want a joystick valve on loader.Since the valves are closed center and the one on the left is locked back, can I run hoses to those connections and get a constant flow to the joystick valve? Ryan
 
Ryan,
I also have a MF 165, I have been told that the loader will work (lift etc) but it will be really slow. Your best bet is to add a front mounted pump to run the loader. The pump will have a higher volume and greater Gallons per min (GPM) which you will need to run a loader. Your tractor has a GPM of 5 and most loaders require around 15-20 GPM's. The other benifit to the font mounted pump is it will be setup to run the loader while the tractor is at idle. Hope this helps, Charlie
 

hello ryan; i'm around some of the real small tractors that seem to work pretty good with add-on loaders cause the cyls are so small-but your MF will be very slow.if you have bought that valve assy with loader operation in mind it will work, but will take a lot of rpm; lifting power should be there. plumb to joystick from aux. return to other, or belly port. can only use one function @ a time.
 
Can you clarify on the plumbing, On the stick I have in the locked back position will the joystick valve plumb to that set of remotes? Thanks Ryan
 

Ryan, i think you should power out of RH circuit to joystick, return to LH--for loader use, than engage RH stick for power,can't remember-may have to place LH in neutral for return fluid. if joystick is what i'm thinking,fluid free-flows til demand.
 
It's not a closed center system. Your best bet is to talk to an MF dealer. It will be slow but will work. The dealer can show you what you need and how to make it work. The 3 pt. can't be used at the same time. A lot of people have this set up but it's a little complicated at first figuring out where to put all the levers to make it work. Dave
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top