MF 175 Hydraulic Issue

Farmboy02

New User
Took hydraulic top off of tractor and found a few things that’s looked off. The stand pipe had a bolt welded into the bottom of it. And I found a metal piece laying at the bottom of the casting. I will attach pictures.

Metal piece that look like it sheared off.
image.jpg

I ordered a new standpipe, is there a line that connects to it? Didn’t see one free floating in there.
The pressure control valve line is where the bolt is welded in place, I suspect the adjustable pressure control valve has been removed. There are TWO standpipes available, a PLAIN one for tractors WITHOUT the pressure control option, and another with the small block/line that feeds the pressure control valve.

Would it be bad if I just a put a plain standpipe being the valve is possibly removed? Just need the hitch to go up and down.

As of right now this is the only pressure relief valve I’ve seen. It’s located on the pump above the strainer.
IMG_0606.png

Metal piece that look like it sheared off.
View attachment 67580
Hello Farmboy, welcome to YT! I am not a Massey guy so I can’t help you. That looks suspiciously like the end of a hydraulic spool valve. I’m not sure if Dieseltech was just focused on that standpipe/pressure relief situation and said nothing about this. I would certainly like to be assured of what this is before you put it back together. I tried a quick glance through the online catalog but no luck. I will link it incase your not aware of it. Maybe try a post on the Massey Ferguson forum in the Manufacturers section.
AGCO MF 175 parts catalog not sure but may have to select Table of Contents at the top to see all the parts sections.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back