Trouble shooting issue with the reverse o matic on my 204. It won't go forward or backward. I bought it recently and it worked until a few days ago. All of the sudden it stop moving. I thought i heard a clunk underneath and behind my seat, but wasn't sure if it was related.
So far I have done the following to trouble shoot:
1. Checked rocker arm above foot pedal into transmission - working fine
2. Checked oil level on right side near foot pedal - oil qt and half low. Filled to hole - didn't fix problem
3. Check filter on left front side. 1 inch of sludge in bottom of filter. Cleaned filter and reinstalled - didn't fix the problem
4. Drained oil from sump. Remove both front and back plugs. Oil from front plug was chocolate milk brown (2 gallons). Oil from back plug was whitish green (3 gallons).
I was surpirsed so much oil came out and that it was differnet color. Does this sump drain two oil sources? Why are the colors so strange. Why did I get 5 gallons - I didn't think the revers o matic held more than 2 gallons
If I want to clean the sump screen, do I take the plate off the bottom of the sump (looks like 8 bolts holding it on.
Thanks
So far I have done the following to trouble shoot:
1. Checked rocker arm above foot pedal into transmission - working fine
2. Checked oil level on right side near foot pedal - oil qt and half low. Filled to hole - didn't fix problem
3. Check filter on left front side. 1 inch of sludge in bottom of filter. Cleaned filter and reinstalled - didn't fix the problem
4. Drained oil from sump. Remove both front and back plugs. Oil from front plug was chocolate milk brown (2 gallons). Oil from back plug was whitish green (3 gallons).
I was surpirsed so much oil came out and that it was differnet color. Does this sump drain two oil sources? Why are the colors so strange. Why did I get 5 gallons - I didn't think the revers o matic held more than 2 gallons
If I want to clean the sump screen, do I take the plate off the bottom of the sump (looks like 8 bolts holding it on.
Thanks