MF 204 Reverse O Matic

willor

I have a leak in the outlet line on the oil heat transfer unit in the front of my MF 204. It looks like the brazing has cracked and started to drip. See drip on bottom fitting in picture.

I wonder the best way to repair it. I haven't brazed before so am concerned to try on this old fitting. I thought I might cut the end of the fittings off and replace with reinforced rubber hose. The hose has a rating of 400 PSI.

Does anyone know what the PSI runs in those old Oil Heat Transfer units?

oil.jpg

There may be a square cut rubber Oring in that fitting. The fitting on the bottom looks like the fitting a local NAPA shop made for me for a MF power steering cylinder. It clamps on the steel line with an internal tapered sleeve.

Upvote 0
There may be a square cut rubber Oring in that fitting. The fitting on the bottom looks like the fitting a local NAPA shop made for me for a MF power steering cylinder. It clamps on the steel line with an internal tapered sleeve.
Thanks for the info. The leak is actually above the fittings. It looks like it is coming from the brazing right at that metal bracket that secures the pipe to the cooler. I wonder if I cut it there and remove both fittings and then use a hose with clamps to connect to the two lines together, will it hold under pressure

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info. The leak is actually above the fittings. It looks like it is coming from the brazing right at that metal bracket that secures the pipe to the cooler. I wonder if I cut it there and remove both fittings and then use a hose with clamps to connect to the two lines together, will it hold under pressure
It is likely a silver solder, not bronze brazed. A good radiator shop should have the right stuff to fix it. I would suggest you check out a shop fixing it if you are not familiar with silver soldering.

Upvote 0

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back