MF 345 reset

db4600

There is a 345 spring reset 4 bottom plow currently on auction nearby that I’m having crazy thoughts of teasing my 175 with. The 4th bottom appears to be an add on to the 3 bottom beam and could be dropped depending my soil draft. Are these a good plow?

Yes, they are patterned after the MF 880 plow which was built in basic four and basic six frames, with a choice of one or two added bottoms. I have a 345 with the dual spring auto reset, some have the flat hinge trip, and some had the shear bolt trip option. Mine is the three bottom, and I might add one more depending on what tractor I want to put it on. While the 175 will pull four in most ground, you might want to drop the fourth bottom just so tractor won't need so much front weight as the 345 is a heavier three point plow.

Yes, they are patterned after the MF 880 plow which was built in basic four and basic six frames, with a choice of one or two added bottoms. I have a 345 with the dual spring auto reset, some have the flat hinge trip, and some had the shear bolt trip option. Mine is the three bottom, and I might add one more depending on what tractor I want to put it on. While the 175 will pull four in most ground, you might want to drop the fourth bottom just so tractor won't need so much front weight as the 345 is a heavier three point plow.
Thanks, While this area had good representation of MH and MF tractors we didn’t see much for plows. IH, JD, and Oliver were popular and I’m most familiar with Melroe 900 series from my career as a farm kid. The 345 has a simple design but I was curious on the performance.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back