MF 35 CLUTCH

I am trying to find a clutch for my mf35 with Perkins diesel. All I can find has a 1-1/8 inch shaft and a 1-3/4 shaft. Mine has a 1-1/8 inch shaft and a 1-5/8 inch shaft. Has anyone had this problem before and can tell me where to find a clutch? Thanks in advance.
 
I am trying to find a clutch for my mf35 with Perkins diesel. All I can find has a 1-1/8 inch shaft and a 1-3/4 shaft. Mine has a 1-1/8 inch shaft and a 1-5/8 inch shaft. Has anyone had this problem before and can tell me where to find a clutch? Thanks in advance.
To be clear you must be looking for a clutch kit for a dual stage clutch, as it appears you are describing two discs. The discs would be described as an 11-inch disc, 1-1/8" shaft having 10 splines. The PTO disc is a 9-inch disc 1-3/4" shaft having 10 splines. Is that information correct (diameter and spline count are important)?

If that is correct, call Yesterday's tractor's or PartsASAP, they have them, below is a link. If you want just the discs they show them as well.

Clutch kit for MF35

I don't know how you were searching but the Massey Ferguson disc part numbers turn up many vendors with them, and it is easy to find the kits with those discs.
 
Upvote 0
I am looking for a dual stage clutch with an 11 inch disc, 1-1/8" shaft having 10 splines. The PTO disc is a 9 inch with 10 splines but the shaft is 1-5/8" not 1-3/4". All I can find is 1-3/4". I have tried Yesterdays Tractor, Steiners and AGKITS. Can't find it anywhere. Thanks for your reply.
 
Upvote 0
I am looking for a dual stage clutch with an 11 inch disc, 1-1/8" shaft having 10 splines. The PTO disc is a 9 inch with 10 splines but the shaft is 1-5/8" not 1-3/4". All I can find is 1-3/4". I have tried Yesterdays Tractor, Steiners and AGKITS. Can't find it anywhere. Thanks for your reply.
All the MF part numbers seem to come back to 1-3/4" diameter for the PTO disc shaft diameter.

I expect you have double checked the diameter with good digital calipers and made sure you with on top of splines 180 degrees from each other if measuring the shaft, or in opposing slots if measuring the diameter in the disc. Have you checked it both ways? What do you have for readings?
 
Upvote 0
I have double checked and even checked it with a clutch alignment tool made for 1-1/8" and 1-3/4" and it doesn't fit. I don't know how many MF 35s were built with Perkins diesel but I assume that is the difference.
 
Upvote 0
I have double checked and even checked it with a clutch alignment tool made for 1-1/8" and 1-3/4" and it doesn't fit. I don't know how many MF 35s were built with Perkins diesel but I assume that is the difference.
The online parts book for the MF35 doesn't show a different clutch for the diesel. What is your serial number? if it is early or late it might give a clue as another model to look at. Have you contacted a MF dealer?
 
Upvote 0
What is your general location? I ask as sometimes there are differences in parts due to location the unit was built for. Just looking for clues as to the 1-5/8" shaft.
 
Upvote 0
I did clutch work on my 1960 35 gas and my 1964 65 diesel 2 years ago. They both use the same clutch discs and I had no problem getting parts from this site. The only difference I remember between the clutches for the 2 tractors is the number and color of the coil springs in the clutch cover assembly.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks but I assume that if it was even possible to replace the shaft it would cost more than the price of a new tractor.
If the splines are ok, there are places around that can reline your disc. It seems like a place in Kentucky was mentioned within the last couple weeks. You might call Automotive Friction Material in Birmingham, Alabama. They might rebuild your clutch.

Automotive Friction Material
 
Upvote 0
Thanks but I assume that if it was even possible to replace the shaft it would cost more than the price of a new tractor.
That would be a bad assumption unless you can get a tractor for USD120-250. Most all the internal hard parts are available for a reasonable price on this website.
 
Upvote 0
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top