MF 35 CLUTCH

I am trying to find a clutch for my mf35 with Perkins diesel. All I can find has a 1-1/8 inch shaft and a 1-3/4 shaft. Mine has a 1-1/8 inch shaft and a 1-5/8 inch shaft. Has anyone had this problem before and can tell me where to find a clutch? Thanks in advance.
 
Thanks but I assume that if it was even possible to replace the shaft it would cost more than the price of a new tractor.
If the original disk is not damaged in the spline area a good clutch shop could rebuild your old clutch disk. If the tractor does not see heavy PTO use, I might reuse the old PTO disk.
 
Upvote 0
somethings a miss here. there is no 35 diesel with 1 5/8 pto disc. the parts catalog doesnt list one either.
there was a 10" fine splined orgainc disc on some of the 100 series but that is of no use oem ref. 1865836M91
 
Upvote 0
from origonal service manual
1718034098609.png
 
Upvote 0
somethings a miss here. there is no 35 diesel with 1 5/8 pto disc. the parts catalog doesnt list one either.
there was a 10" fine splined orgainc disc on some of the 100 series but that is of no use oem ref. 1865836M91
My mf35 has a 11 inch disc which I assume would be the PTO disc. It fits a 1-1/8 inch shaft with 10 splines. It has a 9 inch disc which I assume would be for the tractor. It fits a 1-5/8 inch shaft with 10 splines. All the clutches I can find have a 9 inch disc that fits a 1-3/4 inch shaft with 10 splines or either a 1-5/8 inch shaft with 25 splines. All the clutches have a 11 inch disc that fits a shaft 1-1/8 inch with 10 splines.
 
Upvote 0
My mf35 has a 11 inch disc which I assume would be the PTO disc. It fits a 1-1/8 inch shaft with 10 splines. It has a 9 inch disc which I assume would be for the tractor. It fits a 1-5/8 inch shaft with 10 splines. All the clutches I can find have a 9 inch disc that fits a 1-3/4 inch shaft with 10 splines or either a 1-5/8 inch shaft with 25 splines. All the clutches have a 11 inch disc that fits a shaft 1-1/8 inch with 10 splines.
The 11" disc is your engine (traction) clutch disc that drives travel. The 9" disc is the PTO disc.
 
Upvote 0
Did your PTO clutch fail or the traction clutch?
My problem was throw out bearing was bad and ruined the bolts on the clutch fingers. I decided since the tractor was 62 years old I would go ahead and replace the clutch while I had tractor apart before making sure a clutch was available. When I couldn't find a clutch I decided to reinstall the clutch and replace throw out bearing. Long story short I guess something wasn't lined up properly and I now can't use the clutch. Both disc are worn some but can still be used. I wanted to ask what you thought about getting a new clutch and then taking it to a shop that rebuilds clutches and get the 9 inch disc from my old clutch to replace the 9 inch disc in the new clutch so it will fit the 1-5/8 inch shaft. Some shops can also reline the clutch disc. I am 80 years old and not looking forward to buying a new tractor. Let me know what you think about it. Thanks
 
Upvote 0
My problem was throw out bearing was bad and ruined the bolts on the clutch fingers. I decided since the tractor was 62 years old I would go ahead and replace the clutch while I had tractor apart before making sure a clutch was available. When I couldn't find a clutch I decided to reinstall the clutch and replace throw out bearing. Long story short I guess something wasn't lined up properly and I now can't use the clutch. Both disc are worn some but can still be used. I wanted to ask what you thought about getting a new clutch and then taking it to a shop that rebuilds clutches and get the 9 inch disc from my old clutch to replace the 9 inch disc in the new clutch so it will fit the 1-5/8 inch shaft. Some shops can also reline the clutch disc. I am 80 years old and not looking forward to buying a new tractor. Let me know what you think about it. Thanks
The clutch shop maybe able to rebuild you clutch set completely, pressure plates as well reline your old discs. Or they might have a clutch kit and you could have them reline your PTO disc and install it on the new kit. Ask them for the options and estimates.
 
Upvote 0
My problem was throw out bearing was bad and ruined the bolts on the clutch fingers. I decided since the tractor was 62 years old I would go ahead and replace the clutch while I had tractor apart before making sure a clutch was available. When I couldn't find a clutch I decided to reinstall the clutch and replace throw out bearing. Long story short I guess something wasn't lined up properly and I now can't use the clutch. Both disc are worn some but can still be used. I wanted to ask what you thought about getting a new clutch and then taking it to a shop that rebuilds clutches and get the 9 inch disc from my old clutch to replace the 9 inch disc in the new clutch so it will fit the 1-5/8 inch shaft. Some shops can also reline the clutch disc. I am 80 years old and not looking forward to buying a new tractor. Let me know what you think about it. Thanks
Did you replace the bolts in the clutch fingers and did you do the preliminary adjustments before you put the halves back together. Those are important.
 
Upvote 0
Just my experience and general comment. Replacing the PTO clutch disk when the tractor is split to change the engine clutch always seems like a good plan. However, I have had issues getting the PTO clutch system to perform correctly with a new disk and unless the existing disk is worn, or the tractor is expected to be used in a high PTO usage situation I reuse the old disk. A new disk always seems to require a break in period to get it to release properly. I have tried all the fixes suggested on this form over the years and it's probably the result of my incompetence in completing the task. What has worked for me to get the disk to break in was to reduce clearance at the release bolt heads, allow for just a touch more release at the clutch pedal and use the tractor on my 6' brushhog in heavy grass.
 
Upvote 0
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top