MF 35 lift pump removal issue

I bought an old tractor. It's a 63' MF35 perkins diesel with an MF100 loader. It had been neglected but still loaded on my trailer under its own power. I have done repairs to the front loader pump shaft and coupler, rewired everything, it runs pretty good but the rear lift doesn't work. I ordered a lift pump rebuild kit. I'm attempting to pull the old pump. Got the top plate off, the side pins out, the drive shaft removed, and the cotter pin pulled from front coupler on pump. This is where it goes sideways. All the videos and diagrams I've seen are of mf35s that have PTOs. Mine doesn't. Instead it has what appears to be a live center with a roller bearing in it where the PTO should be. Any ideas how it is supposed to come out? I can't find and bolts, keeper pins, or snap rings that are holding it in.

Hi, there was no need to remove the split pin from the coupler on the
front of the pump. Never seen one without a Pto shaft. If this is a
dummy shaft it needs to be removed rearwards as the pump has to
be removed rearwards to disengage from the front coupling. If you
have a strainer fitted to the pump this should be removed. It will
make pump removal a whole lot easier.
DavidP, South Wales

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back