MF 50 clutch

Bigiron

I have a MF 50, serial #514420. This is the pressure plate, there seems to be several choices for this tractor. This one is fairly expensive, is there any other choices that would replace it? This does have the pto clutch in it, is there anything I need to be aware of so I don t get the wrong one? Any suggestions on where to get one? I ll check Allstates tomorrow. Thanks
mvphoto106807.jpg

If I recall correctly your clutch is the early dual Belleville spring model. The later look similar but use coil springs for the main clutch pressure plate, different release levers, and the single
Belleville spring for the PTO. I don't think they both use the same flywheel. Be careful getting the right one, there are several spring tensions available for the MF
models, and too heavy spring release pressure will make your left knee sore!

Massey Ferguson used a different clutch after tractor serial number 536199. Since yours if before that (you have a 1957 year model) the parts book shows the original clutch part number as 184541M94 but the parts book shows to replace the clutch with new part number 512355M91.

(Note: The parts book also shows to use the 512355M91 clutch on the tractors with the 536199 and up serial number).

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back