MF GC2300 Differentials

Can someone tell me where to check the oil level on the front and rear differentials? I am trying to service my daughters Massey-Ferguson GC2300 tractor and found the fill plugs but unable to locate the oil level check
plugs. This tractor is new to me I am used to working on 60 and 70 year old Fords and Fergusona.
cvphoto142396.jpg

cvphoto142397.jpg

well show us a picture of the differential so can at least have a look. i dont know either , and i do know that is not the differential.

Its 4 wheel drive and these are the only fill plugs I could find on the front axle housing and the rear. Maybe I mistakenly called them differentials. Like I said this a is all an all new set-up to me.

In the first picture you posted of the front axle, remove that black plastic plug, look in the hole and see if the oil half way covers the drive shaft. Good oil level is OK.
The second picture that is the fill plug for the transmission, rear axle, hydraulic. To check the level look down on the left side at about PTO level and you will find a sight glass. Yeah I know it is hard to tell if it is low or overfilled. Look very closely and note the color if the color of the oil it is overfilled if it is silver colored it is low. On a level surface it should be in the middle of the glass.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back