MF1140 starter

rodbolt1

New User
I have this old tractor, have had it for a decade or so. Don't use it much but when I do, it's an important piece of equipment. Yesterday I was gonna use it to move the big trailer so I didn't have to get the truck stuck trying to move it after having 6.5" of rain last week. Tractor wouldn't start. No click. Jumpered the solenoid, and the starter motor turns but obviously it's not gonna turn the engine until the solenoid is able to kick the bendix out.

So I pulled the starter off and took it inside. Tested motor, it works fine. Solenoid is junk. It smells burnt. Took it off and tried to jump the contacts to make the plunger run in or out, nothing. Ohm-tested it, open circuit. So it is verified junk.

Tried a couple starter repair places today and nobody has a clue where they might source a solenoid. Struck out. It "looks" like a lot of other solenoids but it has a big spring on the end of the plunger, and none of their books or stock had the holes in the housing to fit the spring.

Is there a source for a new solenoid? OR even one of those aftermarket starters? OE part number 3704203M91 I think it is. Did a quick search and found a couple used ones but that was it.

92 model 1140 MF, but it has an 1145 engine on it (I bought it that way). 1140 and 1145 engines are identical except the 1145 is turbocharged/35hp. Iseki engine.

This post was edited by rodbolt1 on 01/07/2023 at 04:59 pm.

Thank you those links. Those did not come up in my
searching. Ill decide which difrection Im going to take
and go from there. Once again, thanks!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back