MF135 3pt hitch

Jmaki

New User
What would be the issues if the 3pt hitch only lifts my snowblower up a few inches by itself but lifts it fully if I lift on it and then if I put downward pressure there is resistance at first but then it lets go and falls to the ground(slowly)? I assumed the raising was a issue with the filter(at least hoping) and also hoping the lowering could be from the orings on the stand pipe. I did pull the little cover off the stand pipe today and when the tractor fired up fluid shot up about 16", so I assume the pump is working properly. The fluid is quite milky too and will be replaced when I get the filter. Also are the orings on the standpipe just standard size orings or are they a special size?
Thanks for the help.

We need more information, how long have you owned the
tractor? Did this problem just start? Without the
snowblower how quickly do the arms fall when you shut
the engine off?

Owned the tractor for little over a year, have only used it for maybe 8 hrs total, all snow blowing. Pretty new to tractors and I noticed something didn t seem right after the 3rd time using it, but I thought it was just my inexperience. The first two ties using it this season everything seemed to work good, it would raise and lower properly. One time I left the snow blower raised after using it and when I went back to use it day later it was still up at full height. Worked proper that day then it sat for a month or so and when I went to use it it was working proper then when I was finishing up it wouldn t lift all the way. Went back a day later and stated it up and it was lifting fully so I thought ok that s good. Then I checked it again a couple days later and it wouldn t lift all the way again and now I m here lol. I haven t tried taking the snow blower off.

The fact that the fluid shot up with the cover off doesnt
really tell you anything, it doesnt take much pressure to
do that. The fact that it can hold the snow blower up
while shut off is impressive, most of them leak down
pretty quickly. What are your temperatures like? You say
the fluid is milky, have you cracked the drain plugs after it
sits overnight to check for water (must be above freezing
for this)?

Milky gear oil has water in it. Be sure to replace both shifter boots and the top link draft boot when you get a chance, or your new gear oil will quickly get milky too.

Water in there freezing may be the problem.

Google for the pdf service and owners manuals, there is a troubleshooting section in there.

One of my 35s' hydraulic pump is all apart at the moment, pin on the underside lost it's cotter key or previous owner forgot it when futzing in there and the pin came out over time (pin connects the valve manifold control system).

Just a little update on the 3pt issue..
I drained about 2 liters of fluid to the point where the fluid is at the add mark on the dip stick two days ago after letting the tractor sit for a week like suggested to let the fluid settle. The fluid was very milky and and some actual water(maybe a couple teaspoons at the most) came out. The day after I drained it the 3pt worked proper, I could no longer push the 3pt down at all. I left it raised over night with the blower on and it only dropped 3/4" over a 24hr period. I cycled it again today 10 times or so and it seemed to work proper, i left it raised once again to see how much it drops over night. What are your thoughts on this now?

I replaced the shifter boots this winter when I had to order a water pump and fan. Wish I realized I needed the hydraulic filter as shipping to here is more then the filter. I was planning on replacing the clutch this spring so I will just get the filter then and add the rear boot too.

Glad to hear that youre issues may be resolved, it iis
possible that ice is responsible (in contaminated fluid) for
your issues. What part of the world are you located in?

Good chance, from Manitoba Canada so lots of -10 to -30 over the past couple months. I was pretty worried I may have cracked something inside from freezing but I don t think there was enough water for that.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back