mf135 gas power steering hoses

GalenB

I have a gas 135 and blew a power steering hose last week. I've done a little looking online and it appears there aren't any aftermarket solutions for these, and these things are pricey!

Has anyone had luck having them fabricated, or is there some type of fitting a shop might use on the existing steel lines to use those ends and make a hose?

Thanks

Last month I needed a 65 Thunderbird preasure hose, Eaton pump. Had NAPPA make me one, $80. I trust your hose will be shorter, cheaper/ easier to have made.
No Chinia parts.

The 135s used a number of different hoses. I am guessing yours have extended tubing sections on the ends from your post.

There are hose end fittings that have compression fittings to connect to the tubes, after you cut them off next to the old hose end fittings. Some hose makers have similar ends that braze or weld to the old tubing sections. You will need to check with the places that make hoses in your area. You may be able to get steel hydraulic tubing adapter fittings that have compression fittings for the tubing with NPT threads on the other side so you can use a universal hose of the right size. The drawback to this will be an extended length of the solid section taken up by the adapters and hose end fittings. Here is a picture of some tubing to NPT adapters McMaster Carr offers.

mvphoto107565.jpg

If you don't have the part numbers for the hoses you need, here is a link to the 135 parts book, so you can get the part numbers for the ones you need.

https://parts.agcocorp.com/us/en/apbsearch?q=masseyferguson/651199/l&name=135 TRACTOR[/url]

I took mine to a hydraulic shop and they used my metal parts and added new hoses.
I think i paid $150 a couple years ago.

Thanks for the info. I'll hit up my local NAPA this week and see what they say. I've had them and an independent carquest shop make other hoses for vehicles and hydraulic applications, but didn't know if these fittings were something they might have. Hydraulic shops around my parts have gone through the roof on prices in the last couple years on things that aren't standard. Appreciate the help.

Just to close it out, I went to my local small town old school NAPA store and they put compression fittings on my steel ends and crimped on new hoses for $60 per hose. This make the tubing hold down clamp near the back of the dash not fit over the metal tube (since there's now hose there) but I can fix that easy enough. The stock hoses are around $180 each right now, so having them made is a real cash saver. I'll miss this store when it closes or gets updated.

Thanks again

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back