Posted earlier about dry black sooty plugs that foul after running for about 45 minutes or so on my 135 Cont. Z134, and after checking everything (Fire seems good because it runs great with clean plugs), I began to think about a fuel related problem causing it. Saw somewhere that the float level being high or low would cause rich or lean mixture and either could cause sooty plugs. It"s a Marvel-Schebler tsx882 carb. Found out the float was not at specs. Calls for it to be 1/4" when measured from gasket surface to nearest part of float when held upside down and resting against the needle jet. It was more than that before adjustment. Probably 3/8". Put back in tractor. It runs good and seem to be getting less fouling. Anybody ever had this? Now the main question: Carb prelimenary adjustments say about 1 turn out for idle screw, (the small one) and 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 turns open for main jet,(the big one). The thing is it makes no difference at all where the Main jet is set as far as how the tractor runs. Only after screwing it all the way out and taking the jet away from carb does it start to sputter. I"m pretty sure I cleaned all tiny holes throuout carb when apart. Anybody with one of these engines I"d be glad to hear what their motor does when adjusting main jet. Any input at all about this and fouling plugs. Thanks, Sid