MF35 Clutch Pedal Dropped - Can't shift

Mark.Vollmer

New User
The clutch on my MF35 was sloppy, so I adjusted it. Yesterday, the clutch pedal dropped down - I can lift the clutch pedal up and down, but there is no resistance. I presume the clutch shaft is broken..... Any idea on how major a repair this might be?

I know this a very vague post, but just looking for some input before I move forward with repairs or decide to scrap it!

Thanks in advance!

I just had to split my Case 300 because the throw out fork broke when I tried to adjust the clutch . Wasnt as big of a job as it seemed.

If the release bearing is shot, could be it's worn away all three release levers on the pressure plate assembly. I've seen that several times as an old MF mechanic. No amount of adjustment will help when that happens.

If the release bearing is shot, could be it's worn away all three release levers on the pressure plate assembly. I've seen that several times as an old MF mechanic. No amount of adjustment will help when that happens.
I believe it has an inspection plate you can remove and look into the clutch cavity. Rather than just guessing, I suggest dropping that plate and looking inside to possibly identify the issue.

The clutch on my MF35 was sloppy, so I adjusted it. Yesterday, the clutch pedal dropped down - I can lift the clutch pedal up and down, but there is no resistance. I presume the clutch shaft is broken..... Any idea on how major a repair this might be?

I know this a very vague post, but just looking for some input before I move forward with repairs or decide to scrap it!

Thanks in advance!
Remove cover at 6 O'clock at bottom of Bell-housing. With a flashlight,
DSCN0113.JPG
look into cavity..What do you see?? This pic is of a 1963 MF 35 no multipower. I had to split Transmission from Engine.

Attachments

• DSCN0009.JPG
    DSCN0009.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 10
  • DSCN8349.JPG
    DSCN8349.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 10
  • DSCN0012.JPG
    DSCN0012.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • DSCN0003.JPG
    DSCN0003.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 11
  • DSCN9673.JPG
    DSCN9673.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
  • DSCN9691.JPG
    DSCN9691.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Did you hold the shaft when you adjusted the clutch
There are two set screws in bell housing that hold fork to shaft they are usually wired

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back