Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
I know this is not a toy page but I wanted to let anyone who collects moline stuff know that a G1355 toy for the TOY TRACTOR TIMES is in the making due in May of 2010.
 
I looked at the promo pictures on the Toy Tractor Times website.It looks like it will be a nice model with a lot of detail.I think I might preorder one myself.
 
I don't know but they could.That is the only one mentioned,they could also use the same mold and make a G955, or make one with a cab. Lots of possibilites.
 
I like it. BUT....I wish they would have done a real Moline and not a half breed. I've never liked the styling of the 55 series where the dash meets the hood. It screams of cheap design and just looks bad. TTT was planning a Vista model a couple years back but Spec Cast's budget wouldn't allow it that year. I still think a modern G1000/900 or 50 series would have been the way to go. Much more desirable to the Moline collector (at least to me) than an Oliver/MM hybrid. There are endless variations that could have been done with a straight 1000 or 50 series models. You could do G900 RC, G1000 RC or Wheatland models. Vistas would probably require a different set of tooling though. Think of the different 50 series models (9/10/1350, bubble nose or flat grill) and the color possibilites (yellow, red, red/white/blue, green) then add a cab for even more variation. We all know the toy makers need to get the most out of a given set of tooling to offset their investment.
 
That is speccast's idea right along, to build a model with many different markets, this one can be marketed as a yellow, green, or red tractor I guess, maybe more.
They are going to do 3-4 versions of the cornsheller too.
I too, wish they'd make a G1000.
Brian(MN)
 
Shep could customize one with rops, chrome exhaust and little peppers painted on the side. That tractor looks good.
 
Are they planning on making a model of the Oliver 210 Sheller also? I have the MM 1210 and I have seen the White 1210 but no Oliver yet.
 
I see by the prototype photos it has the correct smooth front weights, I hope they keep it that way. The Prototype looks good. I agree they can/ should do a G-955, and, then the Green and red versions of the tractor. ROPS and Crenlo Cab would also be good options. As would an LP version, although that wold require new engine tooling, and hood modifications.

Here is to hoping that sales are good, so they do the G900/1000 - and the 50 series as BMG stated.

After their cheapness of the "U" tractors, using Oliver wheels stating that the limited run didn't justify tooling, I'm glad to see something that looks accurate.
 
I was at Dyersville toy show and talked to the guy at toytractor times.com and he said they would do a red and green version one would have ROPS the other a cab but the MM was gonna be an open station with both versions of the grill on it
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top