Model 31 Loader questions

KM Thompson

New User
I have a 1960 (or so) 530 with Model 31 tools front and rear. According to the manual, the loader bucket should have a rollback angle of 13 degrees. My loader bucket has an approximate roll back angle of negative 10 degrees. In other words, the leading edge of the bucket points down at maximum rollback.

There are wedge-shaped stops on the bucket flanges that act on the loader arm to prevent further rollback, and I was wondering if I could relieve these to permit further rollback. It doesn t look like Ill be able to achieve the spec. 13 degrees, but it would be good if I could at least get the bucket parallel with ground.

It also appears that I dont have a standard bucket, according to other images that Ive seen online and according to the Model 31 manual. Along with the rollback issue, it has a far greater dump angle than spec. I was wondering if this extreme dump angle was meant for the bucket to act as a box blade, with the top edge of the bucket used to scrape the surface while backing up.

Thanks in advance for your comments and advice.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back