model B farmall

jim jackson

New User
i have what i was told was a model B farmall, the only numbers i have found is on engine block #6342-DH and a tag on block #10-16-K, and on houseing ahead of transmission #8638-DC,..anyone know model and or year of this tractor..
 
serial number should also be on the right hand side of block just below the head and sort of behind the dist. It will be stamped on a area that sort of protrudes from the block.
 
Cast # is OCT 16 1941 THE REST OF THE #s are for parts. Check under the throttle rod under #1 spark plug should start with FAB thats if the block hasnt been changed. There should be a cast# by the clutch pedal on the tranny clost to the other # posted.
 
jim, if its a b, it will have a tricycle front end, and wide equal length rear axles, the seat is offset to the right standing behind the tractor. the serial number plate is a bugger to find. took me a while and i knew where about to look. stand at the rear of the tractor behind the seat. put your left hand on the left seat bracket that holds seat to deck, run you hand down almost to the deck, on the inside of that bracket just about to the bottom is the serial plate, you may need a flashlite to see it.
 
As the others have said. Also it will look like this
a107716.jpg

Hobby farm
 
looks like you have a 1941 model bn, the n is for narrower rear axles than the standard b. there werent a whole bunch of them built!!
 
I have always questioned that, though. When I was searching for a standard B I found close to ten BN's for every B I found. Thick as fleas on a dog and everyone telling me they were "rare".
 
(quoted from post at 15:52:47 02/24/08) I have always questioned that, though. When I was searching for a standard B I found close to ten BN's for every B I found. Thick as fleas on a dog and everyone telling me they were "rare".

I think a lot of people see the narrow front and assume that's what makes a "BN".

There where less BNs made then Bs. I would call them "rareish", not really super rare but not something you see everyday, unless you look in my Barn. :-P

K
 
There were a lot more B than BN. But usage of each was very regional. In some places, the BN is a lot more common.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top