MORE 44 B QUESTIONS

Bub

Member
THANKS FOR ALL THE ENCOURAGING WORDS GUYS I WAS WANDERING IF I GET IT UP TO TEMP IF I SWAPPED OVER TO KEROSENE IF I WOULD GET MORE POWER, OR WOULD I BE ABLE TO TELL ANY DIFFERENCE? I HAVE RUN IT ON KEROSENE BEFORE JUST DRIVING WITH THE SHUTTERS CLOSED AND IT RAN VERY GOOD. NOW WHEN I MEAN THIS THING IS WORKING I MEAN IT IS REALLY DOING SOME TALKING JUST WANTED YOU ALL TO KNOW THE LOAD THE ENGINE IS UNDER BUT IT RUNS STEADY AS A ROCK.AS I SAID BEFORE I RUN IT LIKE THIS FOR AN HOUR OR MORE AT TIME. LOVE THIS JOHN DEERE STUFF.
 
Bub,

You could swap it over to kero one day and see what kind of difference that makes. I'm sure it will be noticable but would be interesting none the less. You must have an all fuel manifold on that tractor so you will be able to work it fine on kero at the rpm your running it at. It would be interesting to see what the temperature does after an hour or so.

Scott
 
How much HP does this hammer mill need? My 43B that has .045 over cast iron kerosene pistons, all fuel manifold and the all fuel carb on it makes 21 HP out the PTO. She is about as stock as you can get.

Enjoy!!!


Will
 
The only thing you will notice is the smell of the exhaust and likely need to readjust the carb.
 
In Michigan, Kerosine cost less than gasoline. I noticed last week as I was filling up my diesel pickup that Kero was $3.14 at the next pump over. Gasoline was $3.32 at the same station. Diesel was $3.59 GRRR. The Kero was red dyed and prohibited for road use but that should be fine for a tractor. Since then, gas has come down to $2.96 and I do not know if kerosine followed suit. If the above cost differences are consistent, running the all fuellers on kerosine would be a way to aviod road tax for fuel for the farm without having to keep a bulk diesel tank on hand.

Mark
 
On second thought, it is likely that some stations like the one I was at do not keep their kero prices current due to low usage. They might just change the price when they have the tank refilled based on their cost instead of market swings.

I have one all fuel tractor and I do not run it hard enough to use kero. I would like to hear one working hard on low octane fuel sometime.

Mark
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top